GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Search results

1. B

2019 SE with 6500 miles throwing codes for the turbo.. help (attached log from obd11)

My EPC light illuminates on the gauge cluster and my infotainment says the start/stop isnt working right. Then I see on the performance page that I have 0 boost pressure and the car is slow as hell.. I managed to reset the codes tonight but if i take it to VW with no EPC light can they still...
  2. B

What could have caused this damage?? Its a brand new car...

I just hit 800 miles on this thing today and ran it through the touchless carwash before coming home from work - Ive run it through this car wash twice now in its lifetime to rinse off road grime / salt / muck. I havent noticed any of this till tonight while putting rainx on since Ill be driving...
  3. B

NKY members?

Just peeking in to say hi. I just picked up a 2019 GTI SE up in Columbus ... I am a serial car buyer/seller that is almost 40 yrs old with a 18 mo old son... HOPEFULLY ill keep this car till its paid off or at least until the warranty expires. Anyone else up this way? Im just south of Cincinnati.
  4. B

Picking a wheel that will clear the brakes ('19 GTI)

So this is something Ive never had to consider before on a car. But I have been checking this site below while trying to shop for wheels: https://www.willtheyfit.com/index.php?width=225&aspect=40&diameter=18&wheelwidth=7.5&offset=49&width2=225&aspect2=45&wheel_size=17&wheel_width=8&offset2=45...
  5. B

Android smart lock & my 2019 SE

Android Smart Lock has never given me issues, even with my cheap as hell knock off airpods that I bought on AliExpress for $11. This also used to work flawlessly in my crapbox Fiesta ST (lol). But it wont work in my GTI. Let me reprase - it DOES work but every time I start my car it again...
  6. B

17mm or 19mm socket for lug bolts

Dumb question, I guess. I did a search and found that the answer is a 17mm socket - so why on the ECS tuning site does the 19mm socket show up under the mk7 and 7.5 GTI? https://www.ecstuning.com/Volkswagen-Golf_VII_Facelift-FWD-2.0T_Gen3/Wheels/Tools/ Do I need a 19mm socket or a 17mm...
  7. B

ED's replica 7.5 GTI headlights..long term?

I have had a few people tell me that these headlights werent all that great as they sound. Im considering a 2019 S and the headlights would HAVE to be upgraded for me to consider one (I live in the woods and drive on a lot of unlit backroads - I upgraded my Fiesta ST headlights to the Euro...
  8. B

1 usb only on 2019 GTI S and Rabbit?

So I saw in pictures that the SE has a aux line (assuming thats what it is) above the single USB port below the infotainment while the S and Rabbit just have the USB. Is there a way to hookup anything else? I dont have an ipod but it looks like VW sells something to connect one in the glove box...
  9. B

Coming into this kind of late... SE vs S

So I am going to explore the possibility of getting a 2019 GTI S or SE with DSG since the 2020s are rolling out. I am going to see if I can find a dealer selling their 19s to make room for the 20s. Is there an easy way to tell if the SE has the DCC when I go to these dealer's websites? Ive...
  10. B

MY 19 or 20 as last MK7.5?

So I am not sure where to post this .. I searched but I might not have used the proper terms.. So right now we have the mk7.5 gti as a 2019 model year car in the US. When is the 2020 model coming out? And will it be a mk7.5 or mk8 here in the states?
  11. B

Fiesta ST to Mk7 GTI

Ill start this by saying I had a mk6 for 2.5 years & 28k miles (2014 Wolfsburg with DSG). I loved the car, but it had rattles, and after 3 water pump replacements and a weird issue with my tail light (computer kept saying it was burnt out and it wasnt) I traded it for something else. Since...