GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ECU Logging Capability

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Wastegate voltage added successfully. Running into an issue with it automatically going into logging despite no trigger. I had this happen before and it was a matter of uninstall/reinstall. Running V1.09, trigger is set for c > 1, verified that cruise toggles in between 0 to 2 when I actually turn it on. Am I missing something stupid on my part?

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Older version only supposed a single letter variable in the log list... cruise status = c etc. It now supports 'full words" such as "cruise" or "put" or whatever. And the default logging list has been updated with these changes. However if you updated the app from a previous version, it remembers your choice to toggle logging etc. So yeah, update c to cruise and p to pedal or whatever else you might want to do-- or just reset/uninstall/install the app to start fresh again. The new default logging triggers and stuff will now be there.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Got it sorted, thanks for everyone's help. I had grabbed the latest imperial PID list from Simostools github when I was adding wastegate voltage. That .CSV file has a few differences from the imperial PID list I had from sometime last year. Specifically "cruise" does not have an "assign to" value on the newer list, previously it was "c". Added the "c" and I can toggle logging on and off again. Not sure if this was the right way to go about it, but it's working🤷‍♂️

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Got it sorted, thanks for everyone's help. I had grabbed the latest imperial PID list from Simostools github when I was adding wastegate voltage. That .CSV file has a few differences from the imperial PID list I had from sometime last year. Specifically "cruise" does not have an "assign to" value on the newer list, previously it was "c". Added the "c" and I can toggle logging on and off again. Not sure if this was the right way to go about it, but it's working🤷‍♂️
Nice. Credit to @aaronc7 for finding that pid.

timmyturbo

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Audi S3
Some more noob questions, is there a format I can add to my CSV to show target boost (psi) or is that redundant to just looking at the PUT and MAP setpoints that I already have? Same for wastegate duty cycle setpoint, I have it on some old logs, but not on my most recent list of PIDs. Currently just shows the Wastegate duty cycle only. This is mode22

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Some more noob questions, is there a format I can add to my CSV to show target boost (psi) or is that redundant to just looking at the PUT and MAP setpoints that I already have? Same for wastegate duty cycle setpoint, I have it on some old logs, but not on my most recent list of PIDs. Currently just shows the Wastegate duty cycle only. This is mode22

You could DIY your own.

The formula for boost is

(m - a) * 0.145077720207254

where m is assigned to MAP and a is ambient pressure. it takes map and ambient pressure, does math and boom, boost.

assign a letter to MAP SP (like n) then create a new row in your CSV right below boost and call it "Boost SP". Formula would be

(n - a) * 0.145077720207254

wallah

Not sure about wastegate sp. If it has an address it would be logable but im not sure what that is.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
1696613944781.png

18psi bitches

1696613902793.png

yakboyslim

Go Kart Champion
I think most of the default log lists come with WG Pos Base and WG Pos Final. In a way that is setpoint and actual, but that is really telling you what the boost control logic is doing. The feed forward table (base) and then that plus the PID control loop to hit PUT SP (final).

You can also log the boost actuator position (BPA) SP and actual, if you want to verify that the WG is actually doing what the boost control logic is requesting. Those PIDS aren't in most people's log list and I think it needs HSL.

Zed3

Car(s)
2019 Golf R
There were some issues for a long time getting fake CAN chips due to global shortage but that got sorted. You can hit up Switch, buy from sparkfun, or from 8bit (those are switches BTW, you're just paying more for it to buy from 8bit. He's a good tuner though.) Currently direct from Switch is the cheapest as it includes shipping.
Sorry to resurrect this, I was recently given the link to this thread from VWVortex. I don't know Switch, Sparkfun is backordered and 8bit is apparently no longer operating. Is there anywhere I can get a compatible OBDII dongle that works with the SimosTools app? I need more detail than OBDEleven can provide, so I was told to use SimosTools.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated

Switchleg

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7
Sorry to resurrect this, I was recently given the link to this thread from VWVortex. I don't know Switch, Sparkfun is backordered and 8bit is apparently no longer operating. Is there anywhere I can get a compatible OBDII dongle that works with the SimosTools app? I need more detail than OBDEleven can provide, so I was told to use SimosTools.

Any help/pointers would be appreciated
Send me a message.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Any memory address in the ECU can be logged, but DI pulse width is a mode 22 address and one of the default logging params.
I'm under the impression VCDS won't because there is nothing on the ECM to log. I couldn't find an advanced measuring value.