GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Tires Rubbing - Corrective Options

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
How will camber arms help? Are you running the minimum camber already? More negative camber will not help this problem.
Why wouldn't it? Explain please.

It's the least expensive option in an attempt to get a less than 1-2mm clearance.

You can see the wear mark right above the lettering.

IMG_5758.jpeg

Last edited:

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Well, camber arms and alignment done. Was only able to squeeze a -2.1° on the rear.

This weekend are the National Pro Solo’s, will give it a test and see.

View attachment 301343

Still rubs, just not as much.

I'll leave it alone for now, probably swap to a different tire after these next two events when we break for summer.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Maybe a slight push outward with one of those fender rollers may give you the little relief you need now. If you set the wheel to push instead of roll it should push the entire area out instead of just the edge. I did that on the rear of my GTO.

xXDavidCXx

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
Maybe a slight push outward with one of those fender rollers may give you the little relief you need now. If you set the wheel to push instead of roll it should push the entire area out instead of just the edge. I did that on the rear of my GTO.
Only the inner lip can be clearanced, not the outer lip, to remain STH legal, if that matters to the OP.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Only the inner lip can be clearanced, not the outer lip, to remain STH legal, if that matters to the OP.

Yeah, I stick to the ST rules.

Another few events and it’ll all probably self clearance anyways.