GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

EQT E-Tuning Q&A

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
PSA

Talked to Patrick yesterday, as I needed to ask Ed a question. Turns out, Ed has an extremely LARGE amount of open orders for protunes, so he's hunkered down working on them. Plan accordingly, as it won't be a couple day turn around.

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
PSA

Talked to Patrick yesterday, as I needed to ask Ed a question. Turns out, Ed has an extremely LARGE amount of open orders for protunes, so he's hunkered down working on them. Plan accordingly, as it won't be a couple day turn around.
I'm sure he's hard at work, EQT has a sale on the Cobb AP and free base tunes, so I'm sure everyone is scrambling there...and of course he has to do mine because I joined the family!

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I'm sure he's hard at work, EQT has a sale on the Cobb AP and free base tunes, so I'm sure everyone is scrambling there...and of course he has to do mine because I joined the family!

Nice. Welcome to the family ? I'm waiting on the second revision

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
whoa whoa whoa, I need my base tune first so I can drive my car hard again. with hpfp and stock tune I have been babying it and keeping it below 4k, it sucks. lol.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Yep you guys guessed it... super busy! But things are happening and we're getting through it. Thank you all for the support and patience!

FYI the AccessPort sale is not affecting me personally as I don't handle the AP shipping and base tune fulfillment. Otherwise I would have never run the sale.

Thanks
-- Ed

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Question for you Ed. If I bought a base tune file, and want to get a new base tune file to incorporate new mods, say a downpipe and intercooler was added, is there a discounted "re-tune" price, or would someone have to pay the full $175 again?

Thanks.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Question for you Ed. If I bought a base tune file, and want to get a new base tune file to incorporate new mods, say a downpipe and intercooler was added, is there a discounted "re-tune" price, or would someone have to pay the full $175 again?

Thanks.

No discounted price at this time. The $175 cost is pretty small as it is.

Thanks
-- Ed

J_mk7

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
17 gti
I joined the family! Switching to base map via ap sale from apr stage 2 For a little before vortex install

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Ed,

i see there is added charge for a WMI setup, does this mean the AP incorporates the controlling of this? or is this just the charge for tuning with it?

The AP doesn't incorporate control of WMI; you'd need a WMI controller at minimum like the AEM progressive controller. Ed will just tune based on the feedback you provide him (jet size, controller settings). The AP will not provide failsafe control either, you'll need an external failsafe.

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Ed,

i see there is added charge for a WMI setup, does this mean the AP incorporates the controlling of this? or is this just the charge for tuning with it?
Just an extra charge for the added complexity of the tune.

-- Ed

S1ack

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Mk7 R
Ed, is Motul Sport still your favorite oil? Followed by the Motul 8100 X-cess?