GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by zinfamous

1. Z

Mk8 GTI to be revealed in March

I believe the diff was standard for all trims starting in 2019. ....but I see that for Mk8, DCC has been removed as an optional package for the SE? that's...disappointing. Seems that is moved to standard for Autobahn just to make that trim more attractive and provide some argument for choosing...
  2. Z

Voltswagen

ah, scooped above^
  3. Z

Emission Service Action 24FX

earlier one was 24FD, IIRC, but this note does also mention that the stalling fix is "included" in this flash...so maybe some kind of update to that in case there were some stragglers that weren't helped by 24FD (there were some anecdotal reports of that, here and there), and I guess this extra...
  4. Z

Voltswagen

Good call. This way they can claim it was just press markup for an April's Fool joke that was leaked by some damn janitor. Janitor gets fired. Much whistling, door closing, sound of dozens of pairs of feet running quickly away form press room door.
  5. Z

Hit a pothole.

came for terrifying pictures of busted rim and/or grueling struggle to get city to pay for damages. left unentertained, and a bit disappointed.
  6. Z

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

the stall most commonly happens as you are slowing down/stopping, or actually stopped. So maybe it's counterproductive to try and blip the throttle? Now, I think one owner did mention that the stall happened while making a left turn (though I don't recall if that was just the prevailing terror...
  7. Z

First GTI purchase soon

salespeople tend to not actually know anything, ime.
  8. Z

Wanting to pick an mk7..

it's got the eject button, tho
  9. Z

TCR Race Cars FS

I'll take 10
  10. Z

Anyone ever had their MK7 GTI manual stage 1 mapped?

Can you guys tell me what tires I should get?
  11. Z

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

aftermarket clutch?
  12. Z

Buzzing noise near rear passenger area

...or not. passenger checked with his ear towards the armrest and was adamant that the buzz is still coming from the rear passenger area (makes sense--I'm trying to localize the noise with the same right ear as a driver, and he could distinguish between right and left while sitting between the...
  13. Z

Buzzing noise near rear passenger area

OK, after a drive around today....I am pretty sure it is the armrest. I fiddled with it a bit and seemed able to control the noise, but moving it around and leaving it extended, open, closed whatever position never seemed to stop the noise. ....but it did sound louder in the 2 opportunities that...
  14. Z

Oil temp at 232 degrees. is that a little high.

whoa...it didn't use any oil after 225k miles? Is that some special achievement unlock when you get to Elder GTI rank? that is boss.