GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2019 GTI 6MT Stalling Issue

Corprin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
A car
It comes back clean, no recalls, no service campaigns.

Then it’s already got the updated software. Either through the recall/service bulletin, or from the factory. I wouldn’t worry.

thwrightstuff

Car(s)
2019 GTI Autobahn
Strange. I just purchased a 2019 Autobahn 6MT, only 440 miles on it and I’m noticing this issue. The problem is, when I search my VIN for recall, it says there are none available. Since this is a known issue, do you think catching it on video and seeing a dealer is enough? My build date is 06/19

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Strange. I just purchased a 2019 Autobahn 6MT, only 440 miles on it and I’m noticing this issue. The problem is, when I search my VIN for recall, it says there are none available. Since this is a known issue, do you think catching it on video and seeing a dealer is enough? My build date is 06/19

Would be helpful if you could video it because if you go to the dealer and they can't get it to do it at least you can show them. But I would think the dealer would know about it by now.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You don’t need the vid... it won’t pull up on a recall list as it was never a recall. Just a service bulletin.

you bought it new from a dealer?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
You don’t need the vid... it won’t pull up on a recall list as it was never a recall. Just a service bulletin.

you bought it new from a dealer?
He will if he has a shitty dealer who claims they aren't aware of the service bulletin and can't replicate the stalling. Not too likely now but other members have posted that their dealer was unaware after the bulletin was out.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed

just drive the car it will go away soon. Mine did it at 900 miles and it went away at 1,000 essentially. No one knows why the 19s are doing it but put some miles on the car and it will be fine.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
just drive the car it will go away soon. Mine did it at 900 miles and it went away at 1,000 essentially. No one knows why the 19s are doing it but put some miles on the car and it will be fine.

VW definitely knows why they were stalling and there's a service bulletin for it.

Andrewbens

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTi S 6 Speed
VW definitely knows why they were stalling and there's a service bulletin for it.
Understood and mine was on the latest update when I bought it feb of 2020. So mine had the service bulletin deal done and mine still stalled but I have not seen the issue since 900 miles and the car is at 13,000 miles now

ianisme1

Mine stopped doing it as soon as the dealer replaced the camshaft sensor some 16,000 miles ago. The software update made no difference and I'm running a stage 1 IE tune anyway.

canada 99

Mine stopped doing it as soon as the dealer replaced the camshaft sensor some 16,000 miles ago. The software update made no difference and I'm running a stage 1 IE tune anyway.
My camshaft disintegrated back in June. The car has been sitting at the dealership since then, waiting for a new engine to arrive.

cb1111

Are 2018s and 2020s unaffected by this problem?
The 18's are unaffected and the 20's apparently already had the new software out the gate.

The fixed 19's are fine too. I'd just verify with the dealer that this was the cause of the buyback. I'm sure that vW bought cars back for other reasons as well.