GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

First GTI purchase soon

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Why do you think that is? Suspicious VW activities. Lol

The “People’s Warranty” was Volkswagen’s attempt to rebuild brand loyalty after the whole dieselgate incident happened. Nothing suspicious about them phasing it out after sales rebounded - was actually expected/predicted by a lot of industry experts.

lee_mk7

Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit Ed.
How would I know this? The salesman didn't not that means anything.

Salesperson usually has zero interest about car's option.
You gotta know your own stuff, especially when it comes to buying a used car.
Anyways, congrats on the purchase!

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
you got a nice ride enjoy it
Autobahn has performance package and upgraded lights two worthwhile things

Mud

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Went with a female friend to help her decide on a new car. She had one of the dieselgate Golf TDI's and VW was buying it back. So we go to a Honda dealer and you could tell that the salesman must have just started selling cars. Walking around the car he literally opened the back door and said this is the back seat. I didn't want to embarrass him but I couldn't help but laugh out loud. She ended up getting a Golf TSI.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Went with a female friend to help her decide on a new car. She had one of the dieselgate Golf TDI's and VW was buying it back. So we go to a Honda dealer and you could tell that the salesman must have just started selling cars. Walking around the car he literally opened the back door and said this is the back seat. I didn't want to embarrass him but I couldn't help but laugh out loud. She ended up getting a Golf TSI.
Exactly.

When I bought the GTI the sales guy told me the cruise control went up or down in increments of 5 mph 😐

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Exactly.

When I bought the GTI the sales guy told me the cruise control went up or down in increments of 5 mph 😐

That's partially true it will do that but apparently he didn't know that it can also go up or down 1 MPH.

cb1111

My experience is that most salespeople have a general knowledge of the cars they are selling but their goal is to treat customers as if they are total morons (and some customers are).

Even worse are the F&I guys who can act so innocent when they are caught in a lie - and they ALWAYS lie.

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
@GTIguy66 sorry for the harsh crowd. It’s true, dealership employees, and salesmen specifically, rarely have any real knowledge of the cars they sell.

As has already been established, your car cannot be an S model, as that is the base model. Your car DOES have the performance package. You say it has leather seats. It could still be an SE, not an Autobahn.

The best way to verify, is whether you have Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control (Climatronic). If you’ve got that, it’s an Autobahn with every option. If you don’t have it, it’s an SE