GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Wyclef

1. W

Sportwagen Tailgate setups?

Wondering if anyone has any cool Sportwagen tailgate setups they’d like to share? For cooking and chilling, etc.
  2. W

Conti DWS06 Extreme Contact alternatives

OK, I’ll probably sleep on it then decide between the Michelins and the Yokos tomorrow I guess. Will probably just get the Michelins and sleep easy, worth the extra $100 or whatever.
  3. W

Also, it looks like Continental has updated the ExtremeContact DWS06 with a plus version. Continental has added the following to the ExtremeContact DWS06 Plus tire: Compound updates and the newest generation SPORTPLUS+™ Technology Hybrid Cap ply Does anyone know if this means that the...
  4. W

I found this article about the Yokohama Advan AS anyone try these tires out? In another page thw guy is comparing them to the PS As4s. https://motorillustrated.com/yokohama-advan-sport-a-s-tire-review-the-advan-does-it-all/100617/
  5. W

After thinking about this more I’m thinking I should probably stick with a more all season tire rather than summer focused, and then just have my winters available. Given the nature of where I live and drive maybe having more summer focused tires with crappy treadwear was a mistake. I like the...
  6. W

Cool. I think I’ll try to ride out the rest of the season on these DWS06s and then maybe see where I’m at end of winter after I’ve had a bit to mull it over. I teally don’t like how much wear these tires have gotten, maybe if you live in some asphalt paved burbs or whatever it’s fine but I guess...
  7. W

Hey, I have a 2018 Golf Sportwagen and in the Spring Summer run Continental Extreme Contact DWS06. Love the look, overall been fine but I have a gravel driveway and maybe they aren’t aging that great. Chunks out of the sidewall and maybe a bit more rapid treadwear at 20k than I would have liked...
  8. W

Alternatives to Sportwagen/Alltrack?

I’ll drive a ford taurus before an outback.
  9. W

Does look like a sweet ride. Are those discontinued as well? Why doesn't anyone in america want a wagon???
  10. W

Hey, I have a Mk7.5 Sportwagen and love it. Wondering where I go from here when I want to replace it or get another wagon? I love a wagon but the new market in US seems limited to Audi and Volvo for wagons. Which VW model has a large easy trunk like the Sportwagen? The Atlas? Seems awfully large...
  11. W

How much dry mud in engine bay is too much?

LOL. After a day of cleaning the car and drinking beer it sure does mean nothing.
  12. W

How much dry mud in engine bay is too much?

Hey, I have a 2018 Golf Sportwagen and was doing some spring detailing and was going to clean the engine bay (only 4800 miles on car) and was surprised how much mud was covering the engine cover and on the battery, it seemed like more than everywhere else like a thick layer caked on. I had a 14...
  13. W

VW Blade Wheels Curb Rash

Any tips on how to handle curb rash on the machined face of my VW Blades? Just different grades of sand paper, wet sanding and then finish with mothers? Or more like add JB Weld to the mix and then use some kind of alloy wheel touch up paint and clear?
  14. W

WTF is this? EPC Error Engine Speed Max???

I don’t even have 5k on this beast yet and it's already headed to the junkyard? What this all about? I gtg back to the dealer now?
  15. W

Winter Wheels/Tires 18 GSW

Hey, shopping around for winter wheel/tires as summer comes to a close. I live in Central NY so winters are a thing. I have 17s and Conti DSWs on now, thinking I will go to 16s, don't really like how 15s look on the vehicle. Probably will just get some wheels off tire rack (no steelies), but...