GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by whizznbyu

1. W

Battery swap gremlin.

When something like this happens, isn't the auto supply store liable to some degree?
  2. W

Battery swap gremlin.

It was the #8 fuse. What a pain to check that fuse compartment.
  3. W

Battery swap gremlin.

I do not have the 12V supply. NTB said they had it. Currently the VCDS interface does not work because of the above glitch.
  4. W

Battery swap gremlin.

My battery died. 2019 AutoLite, I think made by Autozone or Advance auto. Typically with a full battery, when I press the start button, the starter turns about 4-5 times to get the engine running.. This time, it turned 3 times and stopped. I tried again, it turned twice and stopped. Tried...
  5. W

Anyone from Detroit or the Michigan Area?

Looking for a VW mechanic for a 2015 Golf Sportwagen in the Royal Oak area. This car is 100% stock and a daily driver. Thank you.
  6. W

Trusted Indie Shop by State Thread

Kindly give a recommendation for a trusted mechanic in the Kirkland/Bellevue/Redmond areas in Washington state. Thank you.
  7. W

Blackstone Oil Report on track beaten 2019 GTI

Did you add a can of Moly, or is that from the manufacturer?
  8. W

Headlights

Get the 3M kit. I used the one that attaches to a drill. The same company makes one where you have to manually rub the sandpaper that is velcroed to a sponge applicator. The hand held kit has a slightly higher grit of the finishing sanding compound.
  9. W

Recommendation for headlight protection

A remember getting 2 headlight films from one vendor. The first one was for Ed's headlight upgrade which didn't do much for me ( may have been HID low beam and wimpy halogen high beam), the 2nd one was for an LED lo and high beam upgrade also from Ed. Ed no longer sells these parts last time I...
  10. W

Recommendation for headlight protection

I did the same thing. If I remember correctly WeatherTech uses 3M. Pretty easy to use. Heat gun with plenty of soap water spray. Don't wait until ambient temperature drops. And do wax the finished product a month later; the wax does offer some protection.
  11. W

R seats compared to Recaro LS

I just swapped ONLY my driver's seat for a Recaro and currently all airbags are non functional. Passenger seat is stock.
  12. W

Excellent. Can you share a link on how this is done?
  13. W

Are you airbags still 100% functional? If so, how did you manage to retain function of the front airbags?
  14. W

Mike are you referring to R seats being adjustable on long trips and track days? or Recaros?