2. S

Likely depreciation on 2014 GTI

After three years. 50%?
  3. S

Who needs Soundaktor when there's this?

http://youtu.be/nuztaVjpWug
  4. S

What is your occupation?

If people hate the above I'd better not say what I do.
  5. S

Festive GTI

Is this what Santa drives?
  6. S

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Talked about it but left it parked downstairs. A little self-denial can give life an edge.
  7. S

Mk7 GTI to Mk8 R

The Mk8 will be here in 2017.
  8. S

Mk7 GTI to Mk8 R

Where's the fun in jam tomorrow?
  9. S

Mk7 GTI to Mk8 R

The warranty means you can sell more easily to fund the upgrade!
  10. S

Mk7 GTI to Mk8 R

Anyone else planning to indulge themselves along these lines? Would you go same colour?
  11. S

The forthcoming Golf R400

Assuming this arrives late in 2015 and Mk8 Golfs arrive by 2017, there seems room for some decent discounts on Mk7 Golf R models bought new in future. If you were in the market for a new Golf, would you wait and for which model?
  12. S

GTI top speed

Apologies for not checking the manual for electronic speed limiting. How fast does the GTI go?
  13. S

Interior roof lights

According to the manual the buttons in the roof above the central console are for: 1. Reading light(s) 2. Lights (front) 3. Lights (rear, i.e. for passengers in the back) 4. Automatic light operation when a door is opened, etc. I've noticed 2 and 3 aren't separate in my car: if you switch on...
  14. S

Which sound system do we get here?

My GTI is 'full option' but the speakers don't carry a DynAudio logo. Does VW Middle East give us the base grade hifi no matter what options we think we are paying for?
  15. S

GTI aesthetics

One thing I don't get is lowering the car to the point where the wheel arches and wheels are clearly no longer concentric. It certainly gives the car a certain look but, for me, spoils its cosmetic balance. Anyone else have this reaction to pushing the chassis nearer the floor?