GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Interior roof lights

Sheikh It

Passed Driver's Ed
According to the manual the buttons in the roof above the central console are for:

1. Reading light(s)
2. Lights (front)
3. Lights (rear, i.e. for passengers in the back)
4. Automatic light operation when a door is opened, etc.

I've noticed 2 and 3 aren't separate in my car: if you switch on the lights in the front, the rear ones come on as well. And while there are ceiling lights in the back they don't work. Got my car from Ali & Sons, Abu Dhabi in October 2014.

Anyone else had similar issues?

exiscute

Passed Driver's Ed
This is truly very strange. All my lights work. But I have

1. passenger light switch

2. door open light switch

3. Rear light switch (the rear ligys have their individual switches too)

4. Driver light switch

The strange thing is, the driver light switch turns on ALL lights inside the car, there is no switch for JUST reading light for the driver. All others work as advertised.

You should check with A&Ss and let them have a look.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

mukuljuria

Ready to race!
According to the manual the buttons in the roof above the central console are for:

1. Reading light(s)
2. Lights (front)
3. Lights (rear, i.e. for passengers in the back)
4. Automatic light operation when a door is opened, etc.

I've noticed 2 and 3 aren't separate in my car: if you switch on the lights in the front, the rear ones come on as well. And while there are ceiling lights in the back they don't work. Got my car from Ali & Sons, Abu Dhabi in October 2014.

Anyone else had similar issues?

If u switch on the lights using the switch closest to the driver, all lights in the cabin come on.

Are you saying that the rear lights do not come on at all when using the specific "rear" light switch button, and using the individual switches in the rear?

If so then you should get ali and sons to look at it as it could be a simple coding error.
I had a lot of coding issues when the car was new that the dealer fixed (even though it took 2 months of :confused:)