GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by pipsyp

1. P

Buying a car that isn't a VW.........

Few days in what can I really say but....WOW what a car. Drives really well by today's standards...dread to think how I would have received a Forester S Turbo back in 2001 had I been fortunate enough to get to drive one!! Admittedly mine in a rare, low mileage and welll cared for example but...
  2. P

So I bought it and now have it. What a car. It's a little soft (given its jacked up ride height), the steering is a bit slow and light and lacking feel and the brakes work well but feel a bit wooden.....but it's all about the drive chain for me. The engine even by today's standards is a...
  3. P

Yes I gather in later years they switched to a higher output 2.5 motor in 210 and 230hp guises.....I hear the 2.0 is generally the more hardy durable motor?
  4. P

Haha sorry yeah I chose and applied to leave.....probably before I was made to leave under compulsory redundancy in the not too distant future. Thanks it's a bit quirky but even now is quite a car. It has a couple of v minor issues so plan on gradually getting it as A1 as I can justify....I...
  5. P

......as the topic suggests. In the process of being made voluntarily redundant from work. Will be losing my company car so would be going down to one car. Not the end of the world but we've tried to live with one car before and it didn't work out. I've therefore decided to go and buy...
  6. P

Sad day tomorrow......

I part with my 6 month old GTD 5 door manual......in its place a Vauxhall Zafira Tourer 1.6 CDTI Elite......... I love the GTD and it is rather paining me to let it go...one of those situations that if I thought about it too hard I just wouldnt have done it but needs must.... I need a bigger...
  7. P

Mare of a day.......

Today came the sad day one of my immaculate Gigaro alloys is no more.......go to pull the car up near the kerb to close my driveway gates as I do nearly every day to hear that contact + metallic grating noise we all loathe. Needless to say it's not great.....maybe 20cm around the rim of the...
  8. P

UK MY2017 changes for those interested

Found this on another forum, couldn't see it posted anywhere so thought I would. Nothing notable really, shame about the performance meters (I have that pointless Think Blue thing) but it's novelty value really..... The following model year 2017 (MY17) product changes take effect from build...
  9. P

which watch do you wear?

I like watches...dont really have the disposible income to really endulge but I do have..... A 12 year old Tag F1 Chronograph...is a bit beaten after all those years of wear..now the battey has died it doesnt get worn. Was going to get it refurbed as be cheaper than replacing it but havent...
  10. P

Thoughts - Mk7 stock 8 speaker system MIB2 v F21 1 series Professional nav with HK

Just a quick post as I thought it might be of interest to some...particularly with relevance to the question "To Dynaudio/Fender or not". We have a v high specification M135i Auto 5 door with Pro Nav and the 12 speaker HK audio, it was my Dads but he unfortunately passed away following a long...
  11. P

Problematic 2016 GTD

Hi folks, Not having the best of times with my GTD....having gone from a 64 plate one that was peerless was hoping for much of the same but sadly having some ongoing issues with this one....nothing really major but irritating and giving enough cause for it to go into the dealers for the 2nd...
  12. P

MIB2 DNS....noticed something quite neat this morning....

Have mine set to Auto colour.....so day mode in daytime, night mode when the light sensor is triggered. I thought it was the case that all the while the headlamps are triggered by the sensor the screen would remain in night mode.....seems that if the car deems the weather conditions are...
  13. P

What car did you pass your driving test in?

Yeah at the time they were rather good...they didnt drive particularly well even then but it was a whole lot of engine to have in a Nova! I gather people have done 1.7 transplants and with a bit of tuning they make 130hp quite easily :-S My mates SR was mental, he did a full top end rebuild on...
  14. P

2016 GTD thoughs a few days in.....

Got my new 2016 Carbon Grey 5 door manual GTD tail end of last week and thought id just feedback on it....particularly given id been running around in a well used 2015 GTD for a few months prior to delivery. All in all its a wonderful bit of kit, made up with the colour choice.....really like...
  15. P

2016 UK GTD - Gloss black passenger vent surround; not carbon effect?

Got my new GTD yesterday. Love it, the colour (Carbon grey) was a great call, impressed with the Nav and the Heated seats and Kessy are also v good. Definitely worth the wait for an MY16. Something I have noticed however......my passenger air vent surround is gloss black and not the carbon...