GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by paddypool

1. P

Electric Window & other problems

After 4 years of ownership, I have to say I'm REALLY disappointed with the quality of the car... Anyone have any idea/input about the below number of annoying things going wrong. Car has 45,000km's on it...Bought new Mid 2014... 1. passenger electric window has stopped going down fully when...
  2. P

MK 7 v MK 7.5 rear bumper questions

Does anyone have any idea if the new MK 7.5 bumper will fit the MK7 perfectly i.e. same fixings etc.? Thinking of upgrading to it.. also, will the Mk 7 GTD bumper fit eg. a TDI ?
  3. P

Car Window Cleaning

would like to know what people are using ? I used a 50/50 mix of distilled water & IPA to clean the interior of windscreen yesterday. It gave a smear free crystal clear finish. I also used it on interior of front door windows. However when they fog up a bit you can see every wipe mark. PLUS...
  4. P

Fuel door flap not opening

just wondering has anyone else encountered a problem with their fuel door flap not opening ? i had to get it to open out with a credit card yesterday? have tried it several times since & it's still not working. The catch mechanism seems to be operating ok when tried with the door flap open...
  5. P

G-Techniq Products

Just wondering are there many G-Techniq users out there? I have to say, 21months after application, it still looks perfect! A really brilliant line of products. When the car is washed & dried it looks as if it has been polished ! People regularly remark that I must spend alot of time...
  6. P

Golf MK7 Facelift model- late 2016

came across this feature- have no idea if it's legit?? anyone know ? http://paultan.org/2015/05/26/2016-vw-golf-mk7-facelift-to-feature-gesture-control/
  7. P

ERGO Seats Problem

Just wondering do many on here have the Ergo Seats in their Mk7 ? I have them, however the motor, upon some of the massage motions is making an awful noise, in past week !? I'd use it a handful of times a week for my back, so it's not like it's doing it from lack of use OR overuse:rolleyes...
  8. P

Items been stolen from your car?

Just wondering what others experiences are out there... Aside from the actual car been taken (!), the obvious items that could be taken are the wheels, wipers, mud flaps, wind visors & valve caps.. I've had a wind visor taken from my mk7 ( the individual was disturbed from taking the 2nd one !)...
  9. P

Car Valeting Machine > advice

Hi, just wondering if many out there have experience of the 'Numatic' brand ? I'm on the lookout for a decent car valeting machine, for shampooing & sucking the water out of dirty car seats for etc... THe below text is from an advert I spotted.... So does anyone have this machine or recomend...
  10. P

Registration Plates in various Countries

thanks for reply.... seems abit cryptic/over complicated having the '64' denoting the year when it has no relation to the actual year '2014 & 'SP' not even appearing 'letterwise' in the word Dundee !...but the system works I guess!
  11. P

Registration Plates in various Countries

Just curious to know how vehicle reg plates are, for want of a better word, 'made-up' in 'your' country... eg. I have no idea how the UK number plate system works ? In Ireland it's very simple, if it's the year 2014 & your from, e.g. county Wexford, the number plate is '14-WX-.....'...
  12. P

Headlight eyelids ?

wondering have many on here put headlight eyelids on ? & also, do they affect the beam in any way? i.e. does it lessen the beam or show a cut-off line while your on high beam ?
  13. P

ERGO seats & interior for sale on ebay

for anyone interested...I came across them on ebay http://www.ebay.ie/itm/VW-Golf-7-VII-MK7-VARIANT-2013-2014-REAR-LEATHER-SEATS-BLACK-FACTORY-ENGLAND-UK-/161361418982?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item2591e3dae6
  14. P

Paint Wear on Rear Sensors - anyone else?

anyone else with sensors noticing paint wear on the outer ring?:mad: I washed the car yesterday & noticed below....the car is washed with 2 bucket method with meguiars lambs wool mitt, no hard scrubbing ever, g-techniq applied when new, around 2 months ago....am baffled as to how this is...