GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Mrdross

1. Mrdross

Coming Home Lights on the 'R'

Posted elsewhere that I couldn't get my 'coming home' lights to work even after following the manual and an investigation at the dealers. Well after yet another trip to the dealers (we're on first name terms now!) and they have finally resolved the problem - me! Apparently the coming home lights...
  2. Mrdross

Sat Nav lost my location !

Don't know if anyone else (in the UK) has experienced this but my OEM satnav (basic Discover Navigation version) often gets 'confused' as to where I am; for example driving in Hampshire it things I'm North of Luton! Tried to use it today and it gave up as it kept displaying that I was 'off road'...
  3. Mrdross

R for 'Reliability'...?

So here’s the thing; I've had my R for the past 18 months and to be honest I think it’s a real corker of a car! Whilst I was quite disheartened when I departed from my previously well-loved MKV GTi Pirelli Edition, stepping into the R I soon forgot her. For me the R offers everything I want from...
  4. Mrdross

Satnav help...

Just tried to use my satnav for the first time and after entering the post code a message appeared stating that 'no street data was available for the entered post code' or words to that effect! Checked the code on Google maps and up popped the correct street, no problem. Then decided to enter my...
  5. Mrdross

My R's here too....

So here it is, after all the wait! picked her up from a very nice dealership in Morden last Tuesday so I had a nice drive back round the M25/M3 to get to know her!!!First impressions....awesome! No real gripes so far, just starting to get to know my way around things. Keyless entry has been a...
  6. Mrdross

'R' Key design...

So the brochure says "...'R' design key reinforces the fact that this is no ordinary Golf." which kind of implies something pretty spectactular! Will I be dissapointed or will I just go 'wow' and collasp in a heap of melted pride.....:rolleyes:? As anyone seen the new 'R' design key or better...
  7. Mrdross

VW plug n play sound pack

Has anyone here installed the VW 'plug n play' sound pack or actually heard the how it sounds? Is it compatible with the DNS basic? Are there any reviews people have seen? Thinking about putting one in my new company car and like the idea of plug n play and the fact that I can take it out when I...
  8. Mrdross

SatNav question - post codes...?

Can anyone tell me if the Discover Nav system supports 8 digit post codes as standard? Having had to update the firmware and get V9 maps for my current RNS510 to get 8-digi post codes was wondering if this was now standard. Also are you able to save favourite destinations on the basic sat nav...
  9. Mrdross

Ordered My R too....

Just joined and impressed so far with all the posts and the interesting information provided by folks on here, didn't realise there was so much out there already. So I'm parting with my much loved MkV GTi Pirelli (private sale) and have ordered a R as my next company car (swapping my A1 S-Line)...