GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

'R' Key design...

Mrdross

So the brochure says "...'R' design key reinforces the fact that this is no ordinary Golf." which kind of implies something pretty spectactular! Will I be dissapointed or will I just go 'wow' and collasp in a heap of melted pride.....:rolleyes:? As anyone seen the new 'R' design key or better still have a pic of one? Personally I'm not holding out for much, a couple of standard black folderable ones will do....

DW58

Go Kart Champion
My guess is that it'll be similar to the GTi/GTD key with an obvious "R" logo - but who knows, they might push the boat out.

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
My guess is that it'll be similar to the GTi/GTD key with an obvious "R" logo - but who knows, they might push the boat out.

I'm with DW58, I expect it will be the same as the GTi/GTD, just with 66.67% less characters embossed on it.

Ugh Amazingstoke, if anywhere needs cheering up its BasingGrad.

You show those slack jawed yokels what a REAL cars key looks like :p

Willow1

Passed Driver's Ed
No heaps of melted pride :0) lol...it's a standard key with a bit of metal at the bottom.
That has an embossed R on it.....
How ever when you crank it up and turn the driver mode profile to R mode it sounds awesome ....you will soon forget about the key design
I have seen mine at the dealership today picking it up tomorrow

jimble1

Ready to race!
Here ya go:

Mrdross

Man, looking forward to see your R around Boringstoke :D. This will bring a spark of life to this town. LOL
Well anything to bring a bit of life to the old place....:) And if you think it's Boringstoke now, should have seen the place when I moved down here from SE London 20 odd years ago, man what a place! Called it 'doughnut city' on account of every road lead to a roundabout and there was one set of traffic lights in the whole area and a very dodgy night club! I do prefer the 'BasinGrad' name from Gignomeus though, which is what we use around the office; not quite sure why though it's not like Festival Place is twined with Red Square! Note to self - change Signature Location ....

Gignomeus

Ready to race!
Here ya go:

Dude! You got a car key!
So do you, dude! Dude, what does my key say?
"R" What about mine?
"GTD" What does mine say?
"R" What about mine?
"R" What about mine?
"R" What about mine?
"GTD" But what does mine say?
"R" What about mine?
"RRRRR" What about mine?
[later]
[angry] "GTDD!!!" What does mine say?
[screaming] "RRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

:p

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Mine is totally anonymous ... ... ... but there again I'm a mere Golf SE 1.4TSi 122PS DSG driver

DW58

Go Kart Champion
NERRRRD!!! Get out of here DW58!

If you want to sit on the back seat of the school bus with us kool kids you need to get yourself a faster car! :p:D;)

Oh grow up :p

BlueBullet

Ready to race!
NERRRRD!!! Get out of here DW58!

If you want to sit on the back seat of the school bus with us kool kids you need to get yourself a faster car! :p:D;)

I thought it was funny, take a joke

iHayoona

Ready to race!
Dude! You got a car key!
So do you, dude! Dude, what does my key say?
"R" What about mine?
"R" What about mine?
"R" What about mine?
"R" What about mine?
"GTD" But what does mine say?
"R" What about mine?
"RRRRR" What about mine?
[later]
[angry] "GTDD!!!" What does mine say?
[screaming] "RRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!"

:p

I'm not even a fan of that movie, but this made me laugh so early in the morning