GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

SatNav question - post codes...?

Mrdross

Can anyone tell me if the Discover Nav system supports 8 digit post codes as standard? Having had to update the firmware and get V9 maps for my current RNS510 to get 8-digi post codes was wondering if this was now standard. Also are you able to save favourite destinations on the basic sat nav which doesn't have a HDD?

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I don't think there are any British 8-digit post-codes, and most European ones are only six digit including the National letter e.g. D53343. That aside, AFAIK it certainly does support these.

The V9 software for RNS510 had pretty much the same postcode capabilities as the current Discover/Discover Pro AFAIK.

vwman

Go Kart Champion
Can anyone tell me if the Discover Nav system supports 8 digit post codes as standard? Having had to update the firmware and get V9 maps for my current RNS510 to get 8-digi post codes was wondering if this was now standard. Also are you able to save favourite destinations on the basic sat nav which doesn't have a HDD?

Yes I can save favourite destinations on my basic Discover sat nav.

Mrdross

Well-it certainly supports 7 digit codes - I haven't had to try any with 8 digit and you can store locations.

Sorry I meant "7-digit British post codes" - finger counting problem.....:eek:doh...!!!!

Anyway thanks for the info, at least I won't have to run the risk of doing firmware updates to get this - always a squeaky bum time for me!!!!