GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by monolith

1. M

Car Battery Low at 30,000

I took my car to the dealership today for a oil change and they told me my battery was at a low level, but not failing. I thought car batteries last for more than 30,000 miles. Anyone else dealt with this before?
  2. M

Slight Vibration in Idle During Cold Weather

I just noticed the other day when I was stopped at a red light there was a slight vibration through out my car. The weather has been cooling down lately as well. I also noticed when I turn on the heater the vibration stops. The vibration is not always there when idle. Only when the car has...
  3. M

Re-circulation vs Fresh Air

I've been looking up which AC option is better, but i'm getting mixed opinions. I always use re-circulation during the summer and fresh air in the winter. I read that having your car on re-circulation on all the time could cause mold to form. Do any of you have a opinion on this subject?
  4. M

Rubber Smell from Air Vents on Cold Start

I noticed yesterday when I started my car there was a weird rubber or chemical smell coming from the vents when I turned on the AC. It only happens on a cold start and last for a min or so and goes away. Has anyone else encountered this before?
  5. M

Tiny Chip in Windshield

While on the freeway today this fucking diesel carrying gravel or something had these tiny rocks falling all over the freeway and my car got hit a couple times, but nothing major. Anyone know a good chip repair kit. Nothing too expensive please.
  6. M

17 GTI Cabin Filter

Looking for a new cabin filter to purchase. Any suggestions for 2017 GTI?
  7. M

clicking noise when rear defroster is turned on

I pushed the rear defroster button last night and noticed there was a clicking noise coming from either the dash or driver side door when the button was pushed. Is this normal?
  8. M

Sacramento, CA Area Rim Repair

I got some curb rash on one of my rims last month. Anyone from the Sacramento area know any good rim repair shops?
  9. M

17 GTI S Chirping Noise

I recently bought a brand new 2017 GTI S and less than a month later I heard this chirping noise coming from the engine at the first start of the day. I took it to the local VW dealership and they said it was the serpentine belt and drive belt. They switched both parts out and said the noise...