GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by len A

1. L

Rear suspension noise.

Haven't posted for awhile so thought I would share an issue I've had with my golf. For the last couple of months I've had and knocking/tapping noise at the back end of the car so when it went in for it's 10,000 mile service last week I asked the dealer to check it out. It turns out the bushes on...
  2. L

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Drove my 2.0 GT TDI Blue motion to Heathrow to pick my son up from America. Turned around and drove straight back.514 miles in total averaged 61 mpg using ACC set at 77 mph. The car performed like a dream and I love driving it. The only downside to the trip was the Average Speed Cams on the M1...
  3. L

Reverse gear issue

Anyone having problems with reverse gear. 2 or 3 times now I've gone to put it in first gear only to set off and actually been in reverse which was a bit of a shock. It went in quite easy without pressing the gear stick down as normal so don't think it's my fault just wondering whether I need...
  4. L

album art

Anyone had this problem - All my music play with the correct album art except one album which only shows the art on every other track. I deleted the album reinstalled it changed the picture size but its just the same ??? cheers len A
  5. L

Mk7 Golf R mirror caps

could just get them sprayed. I had one damaged so decided to get them sprayed piano black only cost £40.Think they look smart against the Tungsten Silver.
  6. L

fuel fill cover

Hi anyone had problems with the fuel filler cap sticking and not opening properly. When I press it to open it I have to open it with my fingers. cheers len A
  7. L

Polo GTI

I think this going to be a shot in the dark but you never know. My youngest son is a bit of a car enthusiast and is looking for a 07/08 9n3 Polo GTI and he is really struggling finding one in good condition. We live in the North East and at the moment there is nothing for sale that's been...
  8. L

Engine fan running

Not sure if this has already been posted but does anyone know why the fan on the engine at times keeps running when you turn the engine off. It has happened to me on 3 occasions once driving from work 18 miles once just going to the shops and another time after driving about 7 miles. Thought it...
  9. L

satnav day/night issue

Just updated my Discover media Satnav to the latest maps (2014) and since then the day/night auto mode does not work it stays on night mode all the time unless I switch it manually to day.Anyone else had this problem.??
  10. L

Front assist

Just bought my first Golf - MK7 2.0 GT TDI and really enjoying having it. My question is does the front assist only become active when the ACC is on or can it be set up to work separately. Checked the car settings and it says it's active but not sure when it should work. Used the ACC on the...