GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Polo GTI

len A

Passed Driver's Ed
I think this going to be a shot in the dark but you never know.

My youngest son is a bit of a car enthusiast and is looking for a 07/08 9n3 Polo GTI and he is really struggling finding one in good condition. We live in the North East and at the moment there is nothing for sale that's been looked after in our area + 100 miles,( willing to travel further ) we went to see one in Newcastle the other day which was labelled as a stunning example when we got there it was a shed. So with the forum being VW orientated and the people on here loving their cars is anyone out there wanting to sell one or know where there's a good example for sale worth buying and looking after with TLC :)

Your hoping and fingers crossed. Len A

Apologies to anyone on the site who think this isn't a post that should be on this forum. If that's the case will have it removed.

dickt

Ready to race!
Given the normal target audiences of the Polo, I suspect that very few GTi s were sold about 6 years ago, or at any time.
There are very, very few Polo GTi s near me - (W of London), but millions of more ordinary Polos.......driven by skoolkids/students and geriatrics.
Both my daughters learnt in Polos, and 2 neighbours now have daughters at Uni and they all drive Polos. NOT GTi s.

Mark V1

Go Kart Champion
Joining a Polo forum and asking the same question might yield some leads - its a rare car!

GTD184

Ready to race!
.....following on from the other comments have you put a search into the VW used/approved website?......I saw a polo GTi at a VW dealer in the midlands but I have been to so many VW dealers over the passed 3 weeks that I cannot remember which one I saw it at:eek:

damone

Don't know about a Polo GTI but know of a Golf Gtd, pure white, 2 months old with all the extras that's probably going to be sold very shortly (for health reasons)

DW58

Go Kart Champion
I've only ever seen 1 Mk4 Polo GTi and 1 Mk5, that's how rare they are. Have you tried the Volkswagen approved used car network.

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
Love him to have the GTD but he's just turned 18 Ha Ha !!

You may find the GTD is a lot lower on insurance for him than a Polo GTI, you will find them scarce as they cost nearly the price of a GTI at the time, they ca be quicker than a Golf gti due to the power/weight ratio.

Rf860

Passed Driver's Ed
Has your son considered the seat Ibiza cupra or fr? Lots of them about, same car underneath and looks better IMO.

len A

Passed Driver's Ed
Has your son considered the seat Ibiza cupra or fr? Lots of them about, same car underneath and looks better IMO.

Sounds good not sure if he can aford it only has about £5000 to spend so he's a bit limited he's looking at the MK6 Fiesta ST and got a decent insurance quote on it better than the Polo GTI by a couple of hundred quid.

Rf860

Passed Driver's Ed
Sounds good not sure if he can aford it only has about £5000 to spend so he's a bit limited he's looking at the MK6 Fiesta ST and got a decent insurance quote on it better than the Polo GTI by a couple of hundred quid.

He will definitely find a good one for 5k! Have a look on seatcupra.net for ones for sale. Personally I'd avoid the st, it needs a lot of revs to get it moving and suffers from poor mpg, the fiesta is a good wee car though. Turbo is better for drivability and mpg.

This is is a decent example and I'm sure you could knock a good bit off the price :)
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../Cupra/radius/1500/fuel-type/petrol?logcode=p