GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by J-Torto

1. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

I hear such good things about the DSG, I wonder if I should have been less adamant on having the manual. I'm a sucker for the increased feeling of engagement it gives. Plus, it makes it easier to not loan out to my oldest son (heh) since he didn't have the patience to really master the manual...
  2. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

Thanks! I liked the Jettas from that era quite a bit. How are you liking your black SE? Manual or DSG?
  3. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

No question. The BRZ/86's lack of power is most frustrating on routine driving when people see you and are expecting you to dust/pass them ('cause it LOOKS fast), and its just not impressive. You have to really pick your spots for passing, lest you end up feeling a little embarrassed.
  4. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

Dealt with the Miatas nicely. The stock BRZ corners incredibly well for its price point. My final running group was with a 350Z, Fiesta ST, and a Miata. Only the 350Z got away from me.
  5. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

Nice! I’ll keep my eye out for a twin
  6. J-Torto

Any wisconsin guys/gals here?

I suspect they want to undercut the new Supra in price, and they were smart enough to put a manual in it right away... hoping they keep it in the $35-40K range, but you could end up being right.
  7. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

I could talk for hours about my track day experience (at Road America), but suffice it to say, I had a blast with my BRZ. You're exactly right to say the RWD and overall lightness (2,700 lbs) is great fun, even if its not at super high speeds. While it is underpowered, I found that I could stay...
  8. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

Not sure yet. I’ll likely keep it stock for at least the first year or so, then decide how committed I am to the idea of getting it out to a track day. I did a track day in my BRZ, and I told myself that I wouldn’t do that again until I had more power. Some GTI tuning could be the trick that...
  9. J-Torto

So far it’s been great. I definitely appreciate the GTI for many of the things the BRZ was not... more comfortable, quieter, smoother ride, etc. And being able to drive it year round and fit my teenage sons in the back seat is huge. But I’ll miss the BRZ for the things the GTI isn’t - RWD...
  10. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

Here's some pics, as requested:
  11. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

Definitely will look into it that RSB. Any tires recommended? I'm not opposed to swapping out summer/winter.
  12. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

I assume the rear sway bar will help that body roll substantially? I've never done much in the way of mods, but that sounds like it could be pretty simple... definitely interested.
  13. J-Torto

New GTI owner here

Hey all - just wanted to introduce myself. I'm a new GTI owner, just bought a new 2020 six-speed S, Dark Iron Blue Metallic (love that color!). It's my 2nd VW, but it's been almost 20 years in between the Golf and a new 2003 1.8T Jetta. Traded in my 2014 BRZ, which was a painful decision...
  14. J-Torto

Milwaukee area here as well. Just bought a new 2020 GTI S, after trading in my less practical Subbie BRZ (which I loved dearly). I'm new to the forum, and this is my second VW (but it's been awhile)... had a 2003 1.8T Jetta way back when.