GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dwvw

1. D

Dyno mode

Unplug the Haldex, it takes 5 minutes. I have pics of what happens when the rears engage while on a 2 wheel dyno, it's not pretty. Also linked rollers on an awd dyno are best.
  2. D

DerHase's 2019 GTI Rabbit Edition: HPDE shenanigans

I'll see if I can get a pic. I'm not sure if one spring is fully compressed at ride height. It's possible. Like I said, I don't track my car. The Iroz MK7 that went 9's used them so I figured they's be ok for me. I wouldn't pay retail for them though.
  3. D

MSS Springs are made by Eibach as well. I don't track my car (drag racing only) But haven't experienced any negative effects on them. If I didn't find a good used set I wouldn't have bought them, but a local guy was selling them for half price as he couldn't get rid of a popping sound with them...
  4. D

Maybe look into MSS Kits springs if money isn't too much of a concern. I installed mine at 1/2 way in the height adjustment when I installed mine and the car was about 1/4" higher than stock. Lol.
  5. D

Open source tuning solution

Hmm, that's interesting. My HPA mount is starting to get on my nerves. I have the black race puck in there now since the red street one was starting to separate and they don't offer it anymore to get parts. Maybe this with a slightly softer puck from another company would make me happy. I was...
  6. D

I plan on getting my car professionally tuned, but have already talked to Switchleg about paying licensing fees. I plan to be more hands on with the DSG side immediately. As I find that OTS is really lacking there as far as drag racing. I do plan on tuning the car myself in the future, but need...
  7. D

Well my current setup is a TPC900 turbo, 535 lpfp and a PM4. All the other basic bolt ons for support. Currently tuned using a Cobb Accessport. I currently have zero hands on tuning experience but I bought an HP Academy subscription for learning to tune. My technical background is pretty minimal...
  8. D

We no longer do manual transmission starters, but when we did, they were around $800 Canadian installed. $1200 is pretty high IMO. It's possible to bypass clutch with some relays, but if you don't have experience with relays and wiring I would find someone to do it for you.
  9. D

Put in a remote starter.
  10. D

Alright, been following this for about a year now, lol. Time to ditch Cobb and it's restrictions. Can I get an invite to the discord? Dereck #7856
  11. D

Is the dragy sheet being updated?

I was planning on keeping it updated but life got in the way. I'll update this weekend.
  12. D

Tomioka racing IHX Turbo upgrade for all Golf MK7

Take a look at my signature, that covers most of the supporting mods.
  13. D

Tomioka Racing IHX turbo upgrade for all Golf MK7

Hmm, I had to get a new CHRA as my DV came apart and bent some fins, and the box it came in had Garrett on it. I'm wondering if the Garrett 844621-5003S reverse rotation GTX 3071R CHRA would bolt into the Tomioka housings.
  14. D

Tomioka Racing IHX turbo upgrade for all Golf MK7

I think the 475 is closer to the std Vortex, the 600 is closer to the xl and the 675 is a bit bigger than the xl.