GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Open source tuning solution

nok513

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Don't just ask for invites. A better idea would be to tell me/us:

1. What your current setup is (hardware, tune, etc)
2. What your prior tuning experience is
3. What your technical background is
4. What your goals are

This really is a red pill or blue pill situation. You take the red pill, you'll lose your current tune if you have one and you'll retune your car from scratch. You'll need to learn a lot of new stuff. You may never live in peace again because you'll always have the ability to tweak. You'll see the world of tuning differently and you won't sleep as easy at night. The red pill isn't for everyone.

Those questions are a good baseline as it actually helps me answer my own questions pertaining to what I want from my build. I've been running OTS Stage 2 tunes from EQT and Stratified; running the recommended hardware (fmic, full exhaust, and intake). I have no tuning experience but I am a systems engineer (IT) so I'm fairly technical. Not really looking for anything crazy, just wanted more understanding of tuning and possibly having a more refined tune.

I think the whole "make it my own" got to my head. Maybe I shouldn't with my daily 😆

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
Don't just ask for invites. A better idea would be to tell me/us:

1. What your current setup is (hardware, tune, etc)
2. What your prior tuning experience is
3. What your technical background is
4. What your goals are

This really is a red pill or blue pill situation. You take the red pill, you'll lose your current tune if you have one and you'll retune your car from scratch. You'll need to learn a lot of new stuff. You may never live in peace again because you'll always have the ability to tweak. You'll see the world of tuning differently and you won't sleep as easy at night. The red pill isn't for everyone.
Well my current setup is a TPC900 turbo, 535 lpfp and a PM4. All the other basic bolt ons for support. Currently tuned using a Cobb Accessport.
I currently have zero hands on tuning experience but I bought an HP Academy subscription for learning to tune.
My technical background is pretty minimal when it comes to software, I know how to use Microsoft office.
My goals are to get as close to a 9 second 1/4 mile as I can.

For full transparency I will be getting a professional to tune the car for me. It's the same person I am currently using to tune the car. I have a lot of events coming up soon that require running to the full potential asap. I will be doing any DSG tuning myself and do plan on eventually take over tuning the ECU myself. Probably closer to fall.Basically I don't want to have to pull the engine apart again for a couple years.

dwvw

Go Kart Newbie
no, but since the method of tuning has become synonymous with the patchset used (which is available freely here for non-commercial use https://github.com/Switchleg1/BinToolz), there are commercial tuners who have pretended to be something they're not in order to get info on using it, even though it's intended for DIY use.
there's reluctance to admit more lurkers who don't share anything back (or even ask questions) because of this. I don't necessarily agree with the approach, but the people who do contribute make it a super informative forum.
I plan on getting my car professionally tuned, but have already talked to Switchleg about paying licensing fees. I plan to be more hands on with the DSG side immediately. As I find that OTS is really lacking there as far as drag racing. I do plan on tuning the car myself in the future, but need it to be up and running as quick as possible for some racing events.

MeltedSolid

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'15 Golf, e36 328i
Don't tell anyone but this is a shortcut to getting in:

"2. What your prior tuning experience is: JB4"

Mdjacob

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTi DSG 230hp
Hello people my new audi tt 8s 2.0 tfsi 2015 230 hp manual any frf. file for this version ???
best regards...

audi tt 8s foto.png

Mdjacob

Car(s)
Golf 7 GTi DSG 230hp
M version is 0002, better to use file 0002 or can I update 0005? Can I try to upgrade my engine version with 259c ??? I know it's better by tune...M version is 0002, better to use file 0002 or can I update 0005? Can I try to upgrade my engine version with 259c ??? I know it's better by tune...

Attachments

• FL_8S0906259___0002.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 35
  • FL-8S0906259---0005.frf_ori__0.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 40
Last edited:

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
You can update to 0005 no problem. Going to 259C is for a TTS and flashing to a different car's software or USDM to WM etc will result in immo brick so be careful.

ken527k

Car(s)
2020 MK7.5 GTI
Hey guys, Ken Here. this is my first time actually posting rather than reading after 3 expensive years of trial and error. I’m OS tuned, have been for a bit. I Can’t seem to get into the Discord but now I see I’m not the only one.. lol. Anyway my one and only issue right now is trying to get real two-step to work. It’s a MT and tuner will set limiter at say 3500 or 4500. The way the revs bounce are like slowish!! and then Bogs. And I’ve been searching high and low for over a month now for the answer. KenFunk#7806 That’s my discord if it means anything. I’ve tried reaching out to people via Facebook and on here and it seems pretty difficult. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much guys and I appreciate all the time that you guys took to develop this for us. I attached some pictures of my car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 69

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Hey guys, Ken Here. this is my first time actually posting rather than reading after 3 expensive years of trial and error. I’m OS tuned, have been for a bit. I Can’t seem to get into the Discord but now I see I’m not the only one.. lol. Anyway my one and only issue right now is trying to get real two-step to work. It’s a MT and tuner will set limiter at say 3500 or 4500. The way the revs bounce are like slowish!! and then Bogs. And I’ve been searching high and low for over a month now for the answer. KenFunk#7806 That’s my discord if it means anything. I’ve tried reaching out to people via Facebook and on here and it seems pretty difficult. Any help would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much guys and I appreciate all the time that you guys took to develop this for us. I attached some pictures of my car.

Who tuned the car?

ken527k

Car(s)
2020 MK7.5 GTI
A remote tune

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Hi all

Can this be used to reset flash counters when flashing?

Thanks
not without more work. but if VW wants to go through your ECU to justify a free motor, the counter itself isn't the only way to tell if it's been tampered with. likely one of those myths that people who sell JB4s like to tell people, simple fixes to get powertrain work done on a tuned car are usually too good to be true.