GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by dsomegax

1. dsomegax

What did you do to your mk7 today?

New tires: Michelin PS4S. Also added the clubsport center caps
  2. dsomegax

Golf R GFB DV+ (practically new)

SOLD Selling a GFB diverged valve for golf R (SKU T9359). Unit was not used. It ended up only being installed for test fitting before it was uninstalled. All hardware and parts retained.
  3. dsomegax

Front Quarter Window Replacement

Has anyone here removed and replaced their front quarter window (the small triangular window by the A pillar)? The rubber on the weatherstripping has started degrading in the area and I wanted to replace it (I know the window and weatherstripping is sourced as a single item). Wanted to see how...
  4. dsomegax

Clear Bra on Brushed Aluminum Mirror Caps

Anyone with the brushed aluminum mirror covers (satin silver, etc.) on his/her car had a clear bra applied? Attempted to have it installed over it today and the adhesive was actually pulling away the satin clear coat over the chrome mirror. Anyone else experience this? Is this something I just...
  5. dsomegax

Door Card Armrests

Just wanted to check before I go tear about my doors: is the armrest on the door card removable (and can new ones be installed) from the door card itself? I know that the door card has to be removed regardless to get to it, but if I'm looking to only replace that trim, can I just do that part or...
  6. dsomegax

New R - Good to be back to VW

Hey everyone, new to the forums here. Have a tornado red golf R with dsg, dcc and nav arriving next week here in so cal. Took a hiatus from VW as I was a previous owner of a mk6 GTI until I sold it in 2013, so it feels good to be back. Just can't beat a hot hatch for that all-around vehicle...
  7. dsomegax

DSOmegaX Mk.7R Build

DSOmegaX 2016 Volkswagen Golf R DSG DCC+Nav 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited | Build Thread Introduction Hey everyone, starting this thread to document my Golf R build, is a Tornado Red, DSG, DCC+Nav model and serves will as my daily driver after replacing my previous DD (2015 WRX). Modifications...
  8. dsomegax

There is hope. BRZ STI

Okay, this is quite interesting. What are you doing in your everyday life where you feel like you need a car with more than 200hp to get around town as a DD?
  9. dsomegax

There is hope. BRZ STI

As a previous k06 GTI owner and now an owner of a BRZ for a year, I can say that the car does not NEED more power. Is it slower? Obviously, but the car was built for the purpose of handling, and most importantly, control. To me, the BRZ is designed for people who love driving (read: not racing...
  10. dsomegax

There is hope. BRZ STI

Autoblog needs to get their shit together and stop posting retarded information to fuel the flames. The prototype to the STi car was unveiled at the 86 style event in Japan yesterday: • This will be offered in Japan as a "complete car" in a similar fashion to STI versions of other models such...
  11. dsomegax

Well that didn't take long. Turbocharged BRZ.

This is still just a rumor. People are making assumptions based on two ACTUAL official statements from Subaru and STI. 1. Subaru is making a turbocharged version of the FA20 engine, which is found in the BRZ. However, that is the only thing they are doing. And since the FA20 will be used in the...
  12. dsomegax

Buying Second Car

Yeah it's a known issue. Woes of owning a first year car. My car will occasionally dip in idle RPMs but have yet to throw a code. My brother's car hasn't done it either.
  13. dsomegax

Buying Second Car

:thumbsup:
  14. dsomegax

Buying Second Car

Nope, just the primacy