GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DJ_Matt

1. D

BFI Stage 3 Clutch

Got it put in yesterday and wasn't that bad of a job. Didn't have any hang-ups. Mostly followed RadFox's video but defiantly didn't take as much off as he did. Clutch grabs hard, chatter doesn't really bother me, BLEED CLUTCH line like crazy!!!! If you have questions feel free to ask
  2. D

Clutch Replacement Parts?

So I'm getting ready to do the clutch and going to a SMF. Im going with the BFI kit so I see that it comes with some of the hardware, but what bolts do I need to plan on buying that are one time use... I know that the dog bone is one that I plan on upgrading in the process but is there any...
  3. D

ea888 gen 3 teardown?

I've been searching around to find a teardown/build thread with pics and can't seem to find anything... Has anyone broke one down yet or plan to?
  4. D

GFB DV+ Oiling

So I have about 8k miles on the DV+ and decided to take it out and check the oiling on it from when it got put in... Well it was dry... If you have one you might want to make sure you oil it with every oil change. Noticed a couple little spots on it from rubbing with out oil. My only problem...
  5. D

Damn GTI getting on my nerves

So I'm about to cross the 15k mile mark and this car is starting to get on my damn nerves right now! Over the last month the CEL has been coming on and shutting off all on its own for P0406. Don't even know what to do about that one... So yesterday I was sitting in traffic on the way home and I...
  6. D

CEL on APR Stage 2

So today I went on a 30 min drive to lowes and then about 10 min into the drive on the way home got my first CEL... So I checked it when I got home and turns out to be P0406 (EGR Position Sensor Circuit High Input) little confused why I got it twice but okay. Been on stage 2 for about 3k miles...
  7. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

When I got the stage 2 I was at about 11200. (Skipped stage 1) right now about 11800. So about 600 miles with a flashed ECU. I was fine driving it everyday as I never boosted below 3k rpm but she decided to boost in 6th when I told her not to and a 500 rpm spike happened. First slip I've had yet...
  8. D

What did you do to your mk7 today?

Wife slipped the clutch for the first time in sixth gear... -.- Only her second time driving it after APR Stage 2.... (warned her not to boost in sixth..)
  9. D

Stock to APR Stage 2 mods?

First off I'm new here and don't know all the knowledge in the world. So I'm getting ready to order my parts to go to stage 2 by the end of the week. Right now I'm planning on going with the APR downpipe, GFB DV+, and the K&N Typhoon. Im wondering if anyone here has any knowledge of the K&N...