GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Clutch Replacement Parts?

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
So I'm getting ready to do the clutch and going to a SMF. Im going with the BFI kit so I see that it comes with some of the hardware, but what bolts do I need to plan on buying that are one time use... I know that the dog bone is one that I plan on upgrading in the process but is there any others such as the tranny bolts or starter bolts that I also need to plan for? Tried looking around and really haven't found any deff answers...

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
I'm trying to think of them, but I think there are a couple stretch bolts for the tranny mount, dogbone mount, lower control arm nuts (3 on each side), axle nut (I think I have heard this is reusable but not sure). That's all I can think of right now as I'm trying to visualize the job

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
I have literally been visualizing the clutch job for about 3 weeks now and cant seem to get the stretch bolts down... The three people that I have been following trying to see if I can get this is you, goingnowherefast, and johnnyblaze... I know that one of them got a f***ing STI.... Fu** you A** W****.... Jk!!! ObLiViOuS you have been the closest to me with the 3000gt... Because I used to have a 92... What a pain in the A**....

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Haha the motor is coming out of mine soon for a rebuild. That's going to be a fun job -_- luckily nothing wrong, just 20+ years of wear.

Check or RadFox's video on YouTube. He goes over it all so it all and was on a PP so even shows the extra PITA steps I'll have to take lol. I know I posted somewhere the part numbers of the bolts needed I think so I'll try to find that...

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Here is from my other post with part numbers :)

Below are the part numbers but double check just to be safe

Front Ball Joint Nuts - (x6) N 10332002
Front Axle Bolts - (x2) WHT005437
Transmission Mount Bolts - (x4) N 10699701 (x3) N 10552404
Dogbone Mount Bolt - (x1) N 91201001 (x1) N 91167101 (x1) N 10699401

Looking at the bolt designs themselves, I think you really only need the top two items and the and the first two dogbone mount bolts. That being said, even the first dogbone people reuse all the time (when installing the 034 type insert). Tranny bolts seem to not be a torque to yield style nor does the last dogbone bolt. If I was to do it, I'd probably only replace my recommendations.

TL;DR Replace:

Front Ball Joint Nuts - (x6) N 10332002
Front Axle Bolts - (x2) WHT005437
Dogbone Mount Bolt - (x1) N 91201001 (x1) N 91167101

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
This was confirmed on the TTRS thread where I first posted the parts list. Thank you to russiankid for getting the correct part numbers:

For anyone looking into this in the future, part number N10699701 is not for the trans mount. I ordered some and they are way too small. The correct number for the bolt from the mount to the bracket is N10552404 and from bracket to transmission is N10709001. Both require quantity of 3.

greggles

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
Might also be worthwhile to add a replacement Real main seal (or upgraded one) to this list.

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
See I was thinking about doing the RMS but I haven't really seen anyone doing it... As of right now I was just going to inspect it when I got there but if I was going to get it I was going to get it here https://shopdap.com/store/vw-audi-20t-tsi-upgraded-rear-main-seal-06h103171f.html since it already comes with the permatex and they are in the same state as me so shipping would be pretty quick. I mean has anyone actually had any issues with the RMS leaking?

DJ_Matt

Passed Driver's Ed
Nevermind... Seeing now where people are having issues... Probably going to end up getting the upgrade while I'm in there.

0bLiViOuS

Go Kart Champion
Ya I think only a couple people have proactively replaced it during clutch install, but I'll definitely be doing it. For $100 it's good insurance.

Build it once, build it right!