GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by DGTI

1. DGTI

Apr stage 1 tune question(s)

Ok doke. Car was already tuned so I imagine they knew what it was cause it’s definitely tuned. How can I find out what I have ? Call apr?
  2. DGTI

I was told, possibly by someone who doesn’t know what they are talking about that some mk7’s were outfitted with 20’s and some 38’s. I’m familiar with the selection process. The day of my tune, I selected the high torque, 93 octane tune. It provided the most gains and best potential results...
  3. DGTI

I had a third party do the tube. A mod shop. But an email did get sent to ask for permission from apr. You’re saying apr has a record?
  4. DGTI

2017 VW GTI ( MK7 ) ( WHITE 4dr SPORT ) FOR SALE

White exterior, plaid interior 2017 Mk7 Automatic DSG transmission with paddle shifters ) THE DETAILS: asking $22750 The car was purchased brand new from Lokey VW in 2017. The dealership had a lineup at the time of stock APR STAGE 1 tuned vehicles. It comes complete with the stage 1 tune...
  5. DGTI

I am speaking primarily of the lag or the turbo not coming online to supply the power until 3.5k rpm’s. So it sounds like I may have a 38.
  6. DGTI

So, I’ve had the stage 1 apr now for roughly 2000 miles and while I’m not a gear head, thru feel I’m starting to understand the car more and what has been done with the tune. My upgrades are as follows: • Apr cold air intake ( I have a silicone pipe coming which I’ll be installing tomorrow but...
  7. DGTI

Recommendations Needed - Stage 1 clutch

Thank you. I’m not a gear head, but I do aspire to be one 😂 I knew that it was a negative to accelerate that way, even though I wasn’t losing power, it just sounded strange so I’m glad I asked.
  8. DGTI

Recommendations Needed - Stage 1 clutch

I just had my 2016 gti apr stage 1 tuned , what are some of the signs my clutch is slipping? I don’t think it’s occurring but what I’m noticing is a gushing sound when I accelerate. I put a cold air I take in and I know that’s the big gushing sound when I accelerate but what I’m hearing when I...
  9. DGTI

Transmission

Does anyone know if there is a tune in addition to the ecu stage 1 tune from apr ? I know there is a dsg tune for the automatic transmission, but I was wondering if there is a transmission tune for the manual that makes it rev gears more efficiently ?
  10. DGTI

Mk7 2016 gti APR STAGE 1 ( at what rpm ???

I have a 2016 mk7 gti, Upgrades : 1. APR COLD AIR INTAKE 2. STAGE 1 APR TUNE questions : - I am going to be installing a new cold air intake pipe or tube from the air filter to the turbo. My question about this is, should I do the turbo muffler delete install as well? And also change out...
  11. DGTI

Apr stage 1 tune manual transmission max rpm

Ah ok, thanks for the info. Yeah when I drive his in sport mode, his dsg will chirp 1-3 gears and when it happens it just about red lines each time. My manual with traction control turned off will do the same thing if I wind out the rpm’s.
  12. DGTI

Apr stage 1 tune manual transmission max rpm

I have found that the max I can rev my engine in neutral is 5000 rpm’s. I have a buddy who has a dsg stage 1 tuned mk7, his in sport mode shifts at 6-6500 rpm’s and even comes close to red lining at times. Why is he getting more power out of the vehicle than a manual trans and mine? All...
  13. DGTI

MK7 2016 manual 6spd GTI ( lagging at high RPM)

Update : it was the ignition coils and spark plugs.
  14. DGTI

MK7 2016 manual 6spd GTI ( lagging at high RPM)

I have an appointment with VW on Thursday. The car is not under factory warranty but has a 5k mile bumper to bumper certified used car warranty, so whatever needs to be fixed will be for $350 deductible. I can rule out the tune being done wrong because this was happening in a weaker capacity...