GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by chrismc

1. C

DTUK CRD-3 2nd Hand

I replied to their YouTube vid that claims ‘240hp’ with my experiences & received a reply suggesting that there were various GTD ECU revisions & tweaks since 2014 that would contribute to a less than optimum result Given that VW’s claimed output has never ever varied from 181hp I find it hard...
  2. C

Drop in mpg on gtd

Heated seats mirrors etc all affect mpg as does the colder weather. also it’s worth turning aircon to eco mode in winter months via driver profile settings!
  3. C

DTUK CRD-3 2nd Hand

From experience the DTUK box works to a point. More torque but Power delivery was spikey, diesel clatter on a light throttle @ 1800rpm & it rendered the mpg reading useless as it modifies the signals to the sensors and thus overreads!! Claims for ~240hp are far fetched in my experience.
  4. C

Golf GTD Remap at 60k?

Hmm. Same company who don’t answer emails or the phone. Reason enough not to bother in my book.
  5. C

Golf GTD Remap at 60k?

Considering getting our new GTD mapped. Just about to chop our manual 7 GTD against a late DSG 7.5. Tried a DTUK box. Didn’t like. Rough & ready. Ruined the MPG readout (as it tricks sensors) & developed a nasty diesel clatter. Not for me. With new car it’ll be remap only and maybe a pedal box...
  6. C

WTB DTE pedal box 7.5 GTD

UK based. Have just traded our manual 7 GTD for a run out DSG 7.5 Would like a Pedal box to sharpen up the accelerator pedal. Guessing any Golf 7 variant will work as it’s simply an amp. please PM with any offers Chris
  7. C

DTUK CRD-T tuning box mk7 GTD

As fitted to the family mk7 GTD. No longer required as I've just bought a Honda Integra R as my own toy & my wife only ever potters about in the mk7..... Full working order. Original box & instructions. £165 posted (UK) Payment via PayPal please Chris
  8. C

GTD clutches/remapping/tuning boxes

Hello all What is the general consensus with the clutch on the GTD? How robust is it? Given the engine already peaks at 280lbs/ft I'm not sure throwing an extra ~50-70 lbs/ft peak at the clutch is gonna allow it to last. Is the GTD clutch different from earlier mk4/5/6's? I know these have a...
  9. C

New UK owner. Tornado Red GTD

Hello all Looking forward to collecting our Tornado Red 5dr GTD next week from Inchcape VW in Swindon. Should be a great family-wagon to succeed our Accord Tourer. Well here goes with a brief motoring history : I have always been a VW/Honda enthusiast. Cut my teeth in an Oak Green 8v mk2 GTi...