GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by BoxterS

1. B

VW nav. Does it still suck?

So is the input for destination strictly street-number, street, city, state? 'Cause that's what the '19 Atlas requires. Voice while driving, or on screen via keyboard when stopped. i want to be able to speak my destination by city center, or place name, just as it works in Google Maps. Car...
  2. B

Voice control using button on wheel to initiate is the easiest and safest way to do it.
  3. B

I want the same level of voice-control for the onboard nav as I have for phone nav when I'm sitting on a park bench. "Navigation . . . Nearest WalMart" Or to Nashville, Indiana. No address, just city center. Or nearest Shake Shack.
  4. B

Our only experience with it is in the '19 Atlas SEL. Wondering if the 2022 Golf will have better. We can only voice-control it, by speaking a street address, house number and street, then city, state, and it must be one it has in its database. If the house is in a yet-unmapped new...
  5. B

Interior colors 2022 R ????

To quote a line from "Mr Jones" by the Counting Crows, black is my favorite color.
  6. B

Well according to the configurator I see when linking it to my dealer's stuff, I see only 6-speed (no auto) option, the only color option is black, and the only inside color is black. Just like my old Boxster S.
  7. B

Will there be choices? Leather?
  8. B

Considering a new R to replace a 20 year old Boxster S

Thanks for the news, B. Please give me the specifics of the upgrades to the Mk8 GTI. It may be a shorter wait, by far, for me to get the '22 goat, than the R. Is the package you got spelled out in your sig line?
  9. B

Considering a new R to replace a 20 year old Boxster S

We've had the Boxster since we picked it up new at the factory. It was a summer-only car and lived almost its entire life in the mountains, 13 years in the northern Adirondacks, 4 years along the front range of Colorado, the last three in Naples FL, where it now is a winter-only car. Driving...