GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by bearJW

1. bearJW

Repair shop in the san francisco bay area?

Hey everyone, My mk7 GTI has 116,000 miles, and my EPC light has been coming on. Anyone know a good VW shop (non dealer) in San Francisco or on the penninsula?
  2. bearJW

Wheel bearing?

The brakes do not change the tone. It changes with speed. If I’m turning right, or like a gentle curve, it gets much softer, then comes back.
  3. bearJW

Wheel bearing?

My 2017 GTI is making this noise that sounds like I am being followed by a propellor airplane. :-( When I turn right, it goes away, straighten out... it comes back. If I put it in nuetral, no change to the sound, rev the engine, no change. The noises pitch raises and lowers depending on speed...
  4. bearJW

Wheel help...

I have gone with option 4. Just too much hassle to try and get this to work. Now I have the hassle of selling these wheels. Oh well! Thanks for responding!
  5. bearJW

Wheel help...

TR specifically told me that the rings had to be put in the wheel first. Honestly I've learned a bunch from doing all this... maybe you are correct that it isn't related to in the wheel first, or on the hub, just repeating what I was told by the "experts".
  6. bearJW

Wheel help...

The wheel size is 5x112, center bore of the wheel is 72.2mm. The wheels in question are the Radius WI15. They looked kind of OEM so I went with those. In any event the hub rings ECS said would do the trick did not fit and actually broke when we tried them out. The metal rings tire rack sent...
  7. bearJW

Wheel help...

I am going to be checking on the lugs. Tire Rack sent metal ones, after not sending any... but obviously something is off still. Hoping the ones from ECS do it. I've been told by two shops and my dealer that the tires are fine. OEM wheels... this will be the final option. Then I'll have to...
  8. bearJW

Wheel help...

I am going to be looking into this right away! Thank you!
  9. bearJW

Wheel help...

I am thinking these rings tire rack sent just do not fit right. Hopefully the ECS rings will be ok.
  10. bearJW

Wheel help...

I went with Bridgestone Turanza Quiettrack... I always got Michelin Pilot Sport A/S before, and man, I will be getting those again next time. The vibration/sounds I am getting are not the tire though.
  11. bearJW

Wheel help...

The tires have been balanced at 2 reputable shops, and one even remounted them. I am hoping the ECS rings solve my issues. I have seen videos on youtube where things got better when they got new rings? We'll see!
  12. bearJW

Wheel help...

So I had to buy new wheels for my car since I hit some severely nasty pot holes around Palm Springs, CA and bent my wheels. My tires were cupping and it was loud. I should have just bought OEM wheels, but instead went on a well known wheel and tire website to purchase both wheels and tires. I...
  13. bearJW

Where to get an alignment in the SF Bay Area?

My 2017 GTI SE needs an alignment. Anyone know a good alignment shop?
  14. bearJW

Hand brake lever swap to ebrake switch?

Has anyone ever swapped out the handbrake pull lever for an ebrake switch like the egolf has?