GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Recent content by Arin@APR

1. Arin@APR

New APR Intake System for Only $189.95!

Dang! We cover that tube with a bag and place rubber bands around it so it doesn’t come off to prevent anything from getting in there while shipping. Was that not the case on yours? Everything good on your end? They are water soluble peanuts, so hopefully nothing bad happened!
  2. Arin@APR

The intake should come with three of those grommets. Double check the peanuts to make sure it's not in the box. I'm not sure if the factory parts transfer over or not (quick fix) but if not, and either way, give us a call and we'll get one shipped out to you asap: 334 502 5181
  3. Arin@APR

We dynoed the car. We have multiple dynos.
  4. Arin@APR

Thank you for all the purchase!
  5. Arin@APR

Here are the directions for anyone interested. It's steps 5 and 6 in our install manual: 5 - Cut and remove the two cable ties holding the battery cable to the bottom of the battery box. Remove the cable tie mounts from the batter box mounting points. 6 - Raise the harness fro the batter cable...
  6. Arin@APR

Thank you for the feedback. I think this is covered in steps 5 and 6: 5 - Cut and remove the two cable ties holding the battery cable to the bottom of the battery box. Remove the cable tie mounts from the batter box mounting points. 6 - Raise the harness fro the batter cable approximately 3...
  7. Arin@APR

Sorry about that. The SAI filter is only used on engine codes that have it, which make up the minority of the vehicles in which this intake fits. And you're right. I messed up here. I don't know how I missed it, but all other intakes have this message (except this one): Models with Secondary...
  8. Arin@APR

Sorry about that! I walked by one of the assembly rooms and they were building them up like crazy the other day.
  9. Arin@APR

Awesome! I honestly want to challenge myself to see how fast I can install it. I thought I could do it in under 5 minutes after a couple tries. It's just so simple, which is awesome and completely contrary to so may products for these complex cars and similar.
  10. Arin@APR

Filters: Keep in mind the one we use is absolutely massive. More surface area. Less restriction. Switching to a smaller unit would be a step back, but you guys can do as you see fit.
  11. Arin@APR

That does sound mean! Thank you for sharing.
  12. Arin@APR

The gains we saw are mostly towards redline where you begin to get a greater pressure drop on the stock intake system. You'll see similar gains to the gains mentioned on the site. This is especially true on the stock turbos where they get choked out up top. On big turbos you can turn up the wick.
  13. Arin@APR

The filter has a built in "stack" so to speak. It's a 4" inlet. Massive 7" filter. It's not quiet. haha.