GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

GRM

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
15/GTI MT 23/GTI DSG
Today I installed a Megan 26mm rear sway bar. 30 minutes later and a glass of wine (or two, I forgot) I had it on the car. Drove about 2 miles and the steering seems a bit more "precise”. I’ll do the real test tomorrow.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Reactions: krs

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Mk8 PCV smoked the first session early on, but cleared up as the laps clicked off. Car was low on power as you’d expect.

So I set hot tire pressure, topped off oil, checked lugs and went out for our second run…smoke, EPC, sounded like a Subaru so I limped it back to the pits.

Obd11 wasn’t worth a shit, so I topped off oil and loaded it up. Spectated for a bit and just went come.

The car (chassis wise) felt great, perfect 70*F day and the Continental Force Extreme checked all the boxes; easy to drive, predictable at the limit, no roll over or uneasy feeling at all and didn’t get greasy (although I was low on power).
IMG_2128.jpeg
IMG_2130.jpeg

gboticus

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 R DSG
Mk8 PCV smoked the first session early on, but cleared up as the laps clicked off. Car was low on power as you’d expect.

So I set hot tire pressure, topped off oil, checked lugs and went out for our second run…smoke, EPC, sounded like a Subaru so I limped it back to the pits.

Obd11 wasn’t worth a shit, so I topped off oil and loaded it up. Spectated for a bit and just went come.

The car (chassis wise) felt great, perfect 70*F day and the Continental Force Extreme checked all the boxes; easy to drive, predictable at the limit, no roll over or uneasy feeling at all and didn’t get greasy (although I was low on power). View attachment 293679View attachment 293680
Subaru noises are hide cylinder :( Happened to me a few times with bad gas at the track. ECU disabled cylinders due to misfires/knock. Could barely limp to the pits.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Subaru noises are hide cylinder :( Happened to me a few times with bad gas at the track. ECU disabled cylinders due to misfires/knock. Could barely limp to the pits.

Bingo. I cleared faults and tried to look at live data, but OBD11 told me to kick rocks.

IMG_2126.png
IMG_2124.png
IMG_2122.png
IMG_2120.png
IMG_2119.png

I’m assuming the plugs are oil soaked from gulping so much oil, but I also had just dumped in 3.5 or so gallons of 93 from QT (filled two 5G cans on the way to keep it topped off).

It sounded like a Subaru with a dead coil pack a year or so ago too.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Too bad you can't do this in Street Touring classes for AutoX

That rule is silly AF. Like, it makes sense that if you allow any damper, there's no point in restricting how they're adjusted, since if you're resourceful enough, you can just have a non-adjustable damper valved to match whatever your preferred damping curve is. Since camber plates are basically open, you're not getting any additional camber by not being allowed to clearance the opening.

DSC808

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI SE MT
New Morimoto DS3 5K bulbs. Old ones did not last 2 years; covered under warranty. Broke the housing around the plug, just crumbled apart. Is it possible to replace?
3.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
1.jpg

scrllock

Autocross Champion

Sounds like you had some oil hanging around. I'm curious what your spark plugs look like. What turbo/boost were you running?

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD