GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200tw tires for Track use

tigeo

Autocross Champion

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Just can't justify them when you can get tried and true for cheaper. If the Nfera were cheaper than an RT660 or V730, would make more sense

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Last edited:

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
Might be worth it for tracking. I ran the SUR4G and they were terrible for autocross, because it was hard to get enough heat in the them to grip and if you weren't running two drivers, they cooled down so much between runs that you never had consistent grip.

They were fantastic on track though.

Last edited:

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Might be worth it for tracking. I ran the SUR4G and they were terrible for autocross, because it was hard to get enough heat in the them to grip and if you weren't running two drivers, they cooled down so much between runs that you never had consistent grip.

They were fantastic on track though.
That's my use...track.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I was planning on another set of V730s for next year but finally got my USAA membership figured out. 25% off Goodyear + $75 off makes Supercar 3's just about cheaper than anything but acceleras. Highly recommended if you're eligible.
I'm a USAA member...tell me more.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I was planning on another set of V730s for next year but finally got my USAA membership figured out. 25% off Goodyear + $75 off makes Supercar 3's just about cheaper than anything but acceleras. Highly recommended if you're eligible.
Do they even make 17's?

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Do they even make 17's?
Yes, 245/40 or 245/45 iirc.
I'm a USAA member...tell me more.
Log in to the site, go to the perks section, takes some clicking around and it'll send you to their site. This is the price before discount (245/40/18). 25% off + $75 off (even cheaper with their card) is almost $166/tire for 18s. It doesn't let me order online for my local store, but I just have to give them my member info when I go in.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 12.19.45 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-09-22 at 12.19.45 PM.png
    204 KB · Views: 28

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Always worth trying things - Tirerack's testing was v. positive and reports are these balance lap time with wear v. well. 660s have a $100 rebate now on Tirerack so $757. Kumhos are $824. I paid in-between those.

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/testDisplay.jsp?ttid=302
I guess it depends on size. For 255/35R18, it's $300 a tire. Which for track I use RS4 which are $15 cheaper. So not a huge difference depending on the performance of them Nexen.

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Yes, 245/40 or 245/45 iirc.

Log in to the site, go to the perks section, takes some clicking around and it'll send you to their site. This is the price before discount (245/40/18). 25% off + $75 off (even cheaper with their card) is almost $166/tire for 18s. It doesn't let me order online for my local store, but I just have to give them my member info when I go in.

I hate these "perks". Here's a perk, lower my rates. USAA isn't the only company guilty of this.

But thanks for the pointer.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I guess it depends on size. For 255/35R18, it's $300 a tire. Which for track I use RS4 which are $15 cheaper. So not a huge difference depending on the performance of them Nexen.
Yeah, I use 17s. The Nexen should be a bit faster than the RS4 but of course won't last as long.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I hate these "perks". Here's a perk, lower my rates. USAA isn't the only company guilty of this.

But thanks for the pointer.
My rates are un fucking real/high now. I've been a member for 25 years with no real claims drama etc....it's so high I can't almost stomach it.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I'll get a read at VIR on lap times....I would hope even keeping the nut behind the wheel constant, I'd shave a few seconds off the Acceleras with these.