GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

200tw tires for Track use

SierraCarrera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Sport, 981 CS
I run 235/40s on 18x8.5 without rubbing, they're definitely blocky. (rear is jacked up, it sits much lower usually)
photo_2023-05-05 09.51.40.jpeg

SierraCarrera

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 Sport, 981 CS
You need some negative camber.
Yep installed camber mounts and B16s since this was taken. Sitting at -2.4, takes corners soooo much better.

Attachments

• photo_2023-05-08 14.18.51.jpeg
    photo_2023-05-08 14.18.51.jpeg
    257.7 KB · Views: 48
  • photo_2023-05-08 14.18.56.jpeg
    photo_2023-05-08 14.18.56.jpeg
    163.1 KB · Views: 47

Redslaya

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I've got a set of the new Continental Extreme Contact Forces on the way. Will be trying them out at VIR memorial day weekend and am really looking forward to them. I've always struggled with premature tire wear on my R due to the weight and camber limitations, so having added more camber and going to the endurance compound I am hoping to get lots of life out of them. Full disclosure: I was selected as a brand ambassador by continental/trackdaytire.com and will have a buy3get1 code available later this week for anyone else looking to give their new 200tw a try. A friend who runs champcar had great success on the tire and really like its longevity.

clownish

just clowning around
Car(s)
VWs
Hope they're fun, I hated the extreme Contacts I had on a vr6 r32 like five years ago - they were vague, didn't hold any speed, sidewalls were very squishy. That newnew might be fun though.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Hope they're fun, I hated the extreme Contacts I had on a vr6 r32 like five years ago - they were vague, didn't hold any speed, sidewalls were very squishy. That newnew might be fun though.
guys I know said the new force are the same way, vague and squishy sidewall. typical conti stuff.

DerHase

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI Rabbit
Aren't the Force just a Hoosier with the new Conti label?

Hoosier was acquired by Continental, but they're nothing like R-comps in the slightest.

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/articles/continental-extreme-contact-force-200tw-tire-test/

Marginally faster than/same speed as RS4, won't last -quite- as long but still better than most of the other 200tw tires. About a second slower on average and vs best lap vs RT660s is what I'm taking from a quick glance at that article.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Aren't the Force just a Hoosier with the new Conti label?
that's what continental marketing would have you think. the testing GRM did was even slightly favorable to the ECF, comparing them in a 245 to rt660 in a 235.

they're good tires, but i'm not sure they excel at anything to be worth the premium.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
that's what continental marketing would have you think. the testing GRM did was even slightly favorable to the ECF, comparing them in a 245 to rt660 in a 235.

they're good tires, but i'm not sure they excel at anything to be worth the premium.
That was sort of my take away too and why I stuck with RS4.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I had to cross post this so I get get more eyes on it and feedback.

This guy in a Focus was on RE71RS. He was running 57psi hot. I told him that's waaaaaaay too high, but he insisted that since they were 19's, it was fine, since below that they rollover. This was full coilover,camber, etc.

He did spin out into the grass after his car started pushing wide on throttle and he let off and it spun. Not sure if related.

After I insisted they were too high, he lowered them 3psi

Last edited: