GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

CSB3: Boat Salesman In Florida Colluding With Chicago, Sauce Level Rises In Deep Dish Pizzas

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Now that I have a newer desktop setup I have been more interested in mice and keyboards. I would like to try a mechanical keyboard.
https://www.microcenter.com/product...gb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-kt-red-switches

here's a dirt cheap foray into mechanical keyboards that I'm surprisingly pleased with so far. I've changed the caps to these and because the keyboard was open box, spent less than $50 on a really enjoyable to use keyboard. You can also go to MC in person and they have display keyboards that you can toy with a bit and check them out. The switches on that keyboard will accept most all standard keycaps (they use Cherry-style stems -- they look like + plus signs) and you can do a decent degree of customization. I don't know if it does macros (I don't think it does) nor does it have fancy software, color and pattern control is on the board itself via key combinations. But for a $30 keyboard it's not bad.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
Thanks!! I do hobby 3D content so I do like that mouse. I don't type much but I do like using gestures on my current mouse to swipe between pages and tabs but it not the best for 3d modeling. Maybe a track pad combined with a that sorta mouse would be a good combo for me.
I rely on keyboard shortcuts almost exclusively, so one hand is always on the keyboard. If you want to get real crazy, the SpaceMouse is pretty wild haha.

https://3dconnexion.com/us/spacemouse/

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
https://www.microcenter.com/product...gb-mechanical-gaming-keyboard-kt-red-switches

here's a dirt cheap foray into mechanical keyboards that I'm surprisingly pleased with so far. I've changed the caps to these and because the keyboard was open box, spent less than $50 on a really enjoyable to use keyboard. You can also go to MC in person and they have display keyboards that you can toy with a bit and check them out. The switches on that keyboard will accept most all standard keycaps (they use Cherry-style stems -- they look like + plus signs) and you can do a decent degree of customization. I don't know if it does macros (I don't think it does) nor does it have fancy software, color and pattern control is on the board itself via key combinations. But for a $30 keyboard it's not bad.

Thanks.

Closets MC is 1.5 hours away but I like the price.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
I rely on keyboard shortcuts almost exclusively, so one hand is always on the keyboard. If you want to get real crazy, the SpaceMouse is pretty wild haha.

https://3dconnexion.com/us/spacemouse/

I recently discovered the space mouse. It is crazy lol. Apparently once you use one it’s hard to go back to a standard one.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
13 GTI & 98 Prelude
Talk to me about mouse pads though - anyone using one they really love that is a mat or larger?

I go raw…no pad…straight desk.

But I don’t use my computer for very long intervals.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
The mechanical keyboard rabbit hole is nothing like it used to be. The way you can build them and customize them is pretty crazy now, and so is the pricing. They were selling a single Diablo 4 exclusive key for $70. FOR A SINGLE KEY!
1685457773941.png

The D on my corsair keyboard died earlier this year, so I replaced it with a GMMK 2 96%. I like the smaller form while still retaining the majority of keys, there's a few I'm missing and the different layout takes a little to get used to. I wanted to be able to swap out key switches in the future if I ever decided to.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
Now that I have a newer desktop setup I have been more interested in mice and keyboards. I would like to try a mechanical keyboard.

One word.....Filco

I have their "Majestouch 2" with Cherry MX keys (can't remember which ones).

Last edited:

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Talk to me about mouse pads though - anyone using one they really love that is a mat or larger?
I'm using a Glorious XXL, because I like a hard/plastic coated pad. IIRC it's like 13"x17", but it looks like now they have a couple different pads with different materials. I tend to use cloth or plastic coated, my main draw for the Glorious pad I'm using now is the size but I'm considering looking for a cloth pad to try with the new mouse.

Thanks.

Closets MC is 1.5 hours away but I like the price.
If you've never been it's a fun trip, otherwise those options are available to be shipped. I think it's roughly an hour and a half or so for me as well, but I like to go and browse everything (and ultimately spend waaaaaay more money than I intended to when I first set out).

I recently discovered the space mouse. It is crazy lol. Apparently once you use one it’s hard to go back to a standard one.
The space mouse seems like it'd be fantastic for work/productivity, but I lean very firmly the other way and want a mouse without a whole lot extra. I write a fair number of macros/custom actions using AutoHotKey (sometimes in combination with Rainmeter to make snazzy buttons on the desktop), because I feel keyboards are far more accurate than a mouse.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Keyboards: I have two on my desk. One for personal computer, and one for work computer. I'm way past my RGB\"gamer" aesthetic phase (despite still being a gamer), so I like pretty plain stuff.

Personal - Varmillo VA68M
Work - iKBC 108 Keyboard with MX Blues
(I love clicky switches)

Mice: Same. Have two.

Personal - Logitech G Pro Wireless
Work - An older version of the Logitech MX Master Wireless mouse.

Mouse Mat - Just generic ass Zhong Zhong XXL (36x16) Mouse Mat. It's the same shit as all the other ones, just plain.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
If you've never been it's a fun trip, otherwise those options are available to be shipped. I think it's roughly an hour and a half or so for me as well, but I like to go and browse everything (and ultimately spend waaaaaay more money than I intended to when I first set out).
The closest one to me is in georgia, buuuut there's one opening in Miami this year and I think it's supposed to happen in the next couple months.

I got Returnal on PC this weekend and it really highlighted my gpu's poor performance. The graphics settings in this game is one of the most in depth I've ever seen. You can do benchmark tests in the game that you show how the game performs in different areas with different things going on. All with real time stats displayed the entire time. My gpu was capped at like 96% the whole time while my cpu sat around 20%. There a few spots it got pretty laggy. My 2070 just isn't good enough for 1440p with the settings I like.

I beat that game on ps5 a couple years ago, but I've been wanting to play it on pc.

golfdave

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 Golf GT Estate
On the subject of cameras....

I speak to too many people who have "all the gear & no idea" & are disappointed with their results...Mind you its a case of the camera gear shop salesman selling them expensive stuff which is not really what they need...& a combination of not reading/wading through the PDF digital/on-line manual...

I don't recommend "full auto" modes.....I shoot in "A" mode 95% of the time, as its best for me & works for most photography. If you're having problems with a mirrorless or DSLR set it to "A" mode, ISO400, F8 & just use the exposure comp button to move the histogram around to keep the "bump" in the middle...Also set it to matrix/all area metering..
The above settings will give you a good average for a point & shoot set up...unless you are shooting fast moving stuff then up the ISO to 800...