GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Acadia Celebrates 1 Year With MQB #3, Wonders If It's Time To Upgrade...

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
The Rag Company? I won't use any other microfibers anymore. Costco/bulk microfibers are a sin.

Yep. Because I'll need some general use towels. Drying towels. Towels for applying product. Glass towels. Etc...

I think having bulk towels around is good too, they have their uses. Best ones I've found, is a roll of them, like a paper towel roll, from Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Auto-Dri...r-Towels-on-a-Roll-Cleaning-75-Pack/786278732

I love keeping a roll of those around.

messrock

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI DSG
The Rag Company? I won't use any other microfibers anymore. Costco/bulk microfibers are a sin.
Costco/bulk for wheels and matte black trim.

My TRC waffles lasted forever until I dropped them on the ground. Then they just became around the house rags.

The TRC Ultra Plush towels? I can usually dry both cars with 1.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Me sitting with $120 in microfiber towels in my Amazon cart while I microwave a cup of instant ramen for lunch

Yeah... TRC for almost everything, and Costco towels for trim, undercarriage, wheels.

Here is my set up, kind of a mess right now since I am redoing the shop side of the garage until I am able to build a shed to move all the excess to the backyard.

AR630TSS with custom feed line, no-brand-name hydraulic reel with 100' hose, MTM Hydro gun with wand, and a home made Deionizer system using CR Spotless DI cartridges. Peeking on the top left is the BigBoi Mini+ with extended hose. I'm contemplating building a stainless base to bolt directly to the floor, as even with the isolating feet on the shelve and the AR the vibrations of the machine make a little too much noise for my taste.

Pressure Washer.JPG

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
oooooooooooooooooooooh NICE! I'd LOVE a way to give a spotless wash at the end.....

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
oooooooooooooooooooooh NICE! I'd LOVE a way to give a spotless wash at the end.....
it's nice... I rinse with regular water, switch to DI and do a quick rinse all over the car with the pressure washer. Since it is set at less than 2GPM I don't overwork the media. 1GPM would be ideal, but not doable with what I have now.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
it's nice... I rinse with regular water, switch to DI and do a quick rinse all over the car with the pressure washer. Since it is set at less than 2GPM I don't overwork the media. 1GPM would be ideal, but not doable with what I have now.
in your expertise...is there any way to do a spotless rinse without the professional set up you have? drying agent? I'm a nooooooooooooooooooooooooob lol

Edit...is it just me or does anyone else hear this when you see Maiden69's pic:
We shall fight on the landing grounds. We shall fight in the fields, and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills. WE SHALL NEVER SURRENDER!

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
You can get a spotless car by drying it immediately... drying agents just help the microfiber "glide" to prevent micro-marring. Handheld leaf blowers help get the water out of the crevices, which is a big culprit of water spots on cars. The benefit or the CR Spotless is that you can wash the car under the sun, rinse with their water and leave without drying. As long as there is no breeze that would pick dust up and deposit it on the wet car, the water will dry leaving no water spots on the paint.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
You can get a spotless car by drying it immediately... drying agents just help the microfiber "glide" to prevent micro-marring. Handheld leaf blowers help get the water out of the crevices, which is a big culprit of water spots on cars. The benefit or the CR Spotless is that you can wash the car under the sun, rinse with their water and leave without drying. As long as there is no breeze that would pick dust up and deposit it on the wet car, the water will dry leaving no water spots on the paint.
okay yup.....I use my stihl backpack blower......whole car is dry in about 10 min lol.....just would love to spray and forget sometimes

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
MRW I order $250 of towels and chemicals from Amazon

giphy (29).gif

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Today's order was a bunch of shit from my list.

Rag Company Gauntlet (2pk), The Miner (10pk), Eagle 500 (4pk) & Cyclone Ultra Wash Mitt and Pad. P&S Bead Maker, Turtle Wax Pro Flex Graphene Spray Wax & Wheel Cleaner and Iron Remover (subbed in for the P&S as I'm impatient and need it for...), Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armor (@swcrow talked me into it...), and my drop front organizers.

Still have another $150 - $200 of stuff on the list, but somehow it just makes me feel better to split it up. Spending $400 on rags and chemicals in one go is cray cray...

Last edited:

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
that's one heckuva haul right there.....

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
At this point you might as well start doing mobile detailing