GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Comprehensive list or torque to yield hardware required for clutch change.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Well, that time has arrived and I need to install a new clutch. I’m wondering if anyone might have a list compiled of the TTY hardware necessary for the installation? I could watch some YouTube videos and take notes if not. Thanks

krs

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MKVIIS R
Well, that time has arrived and I need to install a new clutch. I’m wondering if anyone might have a list compiled of the TTY hardware necessary for the installation? I could watch some YouTube videos and take notes if not. Thanks

I searched for a list or reference myself and couldn’t find anything useful. I ended up just going to ShopDAP and buying the associated hardware kits for the transmission, as well as the suspension components. Really for me it was a lot easier that way anyways. You’d still need the pressure plate and flywheel hardware though.

https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-...ransmission-hardware-kit-for-6-speed-mqb.html

https://www.shopdap.com/make-model-...ension-install-kit-for-mk7-5g0498331bgrp.html

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Shoot me your Vin and I can see if I can get you a list if needed.
1674939907581.png

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Thanks fellas. I’ll check vin in morning. Appreciate the help.

DevinMK7

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2017 Golf GTI Sport
Looking for feedback on this list, as I am prepping for a clutch install in the next few weeks or so.

I have what I assume the full list of TTY bolts needed for the clutch install, which I kind of scavenged from the HS tuning transmission hardware kit, and the ECS Tuning basic clutch installation kit.

Currently planning on going w/ a ECS Tuning Stage 2 kit, w/ included Luk TOB, and 034 Motorsports Crankshaft Seal. Pairing it w/ an EQT Stage 2 Tune for those curious.

EDIT: I updated the spreadsheet, and it should have all the TTY bolts that will need to be replaced during the clutch install. Couple notes: I read that the transmission mount can be removed without removing the 4 bolts that go to the fender area (part #N10699701), simply remove the 3 upper, and 3 lower transmission mount bolts and leave the ones that are under the battery tray and wiring. I have all these bolts in the spreadsheet just in case if you want to remove them all, I will be since I am changing the trans mount w/ an OEM mount + BFI stage 1 insert.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 6.37.31 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-29 at 6.37.31 PM.png
    138.1 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
What clutch are you going with?
DKM stage 2 with metal TO bearing. Already have the clutch, fluidampr and BFI mounts. Just nd hardware at this point

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Looking for feedback on this list, as I am prepping for a clutch install in the next few weeks or so.

I have what I assume the full list of TTY bolts needed for the clutch install, which I kind of scavenged from the HS tuning transmission hardware kit, and the ECS Tuning basic clutch installation kit.

Currently planning on going w/ a ECS Tuning Stage 2 kit, w/ Luk TOB, and 034 Motorsports Crankshaft Seal. Pairing it w/ an EQT Stage 2 Tune for those curious.

Edit: The spreadsheet has two errors: The first row should have 3 bolts, and the second row I believe is actually for the engine mount which ECS Tuning supplies with their kit. Not sure if this is really needed tho…
This is great.

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Do
HSTuning also offers a kit for clutch replacement tty hardware.
Does HS tuning have a website? All I can find is Facebook page for them. Thanks

-DK-

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE
Nm found it.

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD
Here is what I have listed for mounting parts on your VIN. Was there any other hardware you were looking for?
1675051892614.png

1675052289310.png

1675052701109.png

Last edited:

StorableComa

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 GSW S FWD

Currently planning on going w/ a ECS Tuning Stage 2 kit, w/ included Luk TOB, and 034 Motorsports Crankshaft Seal. Pairing it w/ an EQT Stage 2 Tune for those curious.

EDIT: I updated the spreadsheet, and it should have all the TTY bolts that will need to be replaced during the clutch install. Couple notes: I read that the transmission mount can be removed without removing the 4 bolts that go to the fender area (part #N10699701), simply remove the 3 upper, and 3 lower transmission mount bolts and leave the ones that are under the battery tray and wiring. I have all these bolts in the spreadsheet just in case if you want to remove them all, I will be since I am changing the trans mount w/ an OEM mount + BFI stage 1 insert.
You were also looking for the suspension hardware correct?
1675053117875.png

1675053169215.png

1675053516322.png

Last edited: