GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2.0t HPFP swap on 1.8t

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Yeah we got to a place where he said boost could come down it just wouldn’t meet the potential of the turbo which I’m fine with. Frankly I don’t know if my 1.8 need all that lol
Tuning isn't always about maxing everything but yes...none of the OTS tunes "meet the potential" with stock fuelling on the 1.8 with the 38.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
For anyone who is curious, EQT is getting the tables they need from COBB in the near-ish future and should be able to fully tune for the pump.
I got a revision last night and put it on the car this morning. 1st and 2nd feel great, haven't played in third much.

Tuner is going to work with the stock HPFP, if I decide the upgrade is worth it after they get the tables they need we may tune it in.

Expecting a spirited 10pm drive home with some logging :) Excited to actually be able to drive this thing a little.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Lots of KR...up to -5. They certainly dialed back the boost...- 22 peak taper to 20. Timing can't advance much with that much KR. Still running pretty rich so clearly still nervous there.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Lots of KR...up to -5. They certainly dialed back the boost...- 22 peak taper to 20. Timing can't advance much with that much KR. Still running pretty rich so clearly still nervous there.
Just based on this log/revision this won't put out as much power as the APR/Uni OTS stuff (more boost/timing, respectively plus a touch leaner) but I also realize you don't have 93 there.

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
It looks like it's just cylinder 1. I'd check for things rattling on the block, check the plugs, etc. They really don't need to run the car that rich. It could actually be causing the knocking too. It's really rich, there is like no timing in there, and not a lot of boost. I really think your car should be able to run at least 5 degrees of advance by 6000 and maybe up to 7 degrees by 6700.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
It looks like it's just cylinder 1. I'd check for things rattling on the block, check the plugs, etc. They really don't need to run the car that rich. It could actually be causing the knocking too. It's really rich, there is like no timing in there, and not a lot of boost. I really think your car should be able to run at least 5 degrees of advance by 6000 and maybe up to 7 degrees by 6700.
100% - it's a bit strange to have it that rich with mild boost and no timing. Agree on one cylinder being the issue...normally when it's tune/fuel it's multiple cylinders.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Pretty sure my downpipe catalyst is loose, apparently that could contribute. Plugs less than a week old

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Pretty sure my downpipe catalyst is loose, apparently that could contribute. Plugs less than a week old
Tighten that up. Hardware problems make tuning a car a nightmare. It will frustrate the tuner, and in the end, just screw you over.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Tighten that up. Hardware problems make tuning a car a nightmare. It will frustrate the tuner, and in the end, just screw you over.
Yeah I mean I can’t, it’s an internal issue. I didn’t know it was causing problems until today. Will require a new pipe. I actually didn’t even know it was happening until installer said he couldn’t see the cat cause it had moved

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
Yeah I mean I can’t, it’s an internal issue. I didn’t know it was causing problems until today. Will require a new pipe. I actually didn’t even know it was happening until installer said he couldn’t see the cat cause it had moved
Ohh.. I thought you meant your cat that bolts on to the DP is loose. Yea, that's a problem.

zwalk

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
GSW 4motion
Ohh.. I thought you meant your cat that bolts on to the DP is loose. Yea, that's a problem.
Local guy will swap my GSW OEM DP for his OEM Golf R one, might just do that.

I didn’t know it would actually be an issue it seemed to be running fine, can hear it a little on cold start that’s it.

People talk about cat breakup as “well you’re catless now” seems a little more involved lol

ZuMBLe

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Alltrack 6MT
You'll need a reducer for the Golf R pipe if you still have the stock cat back.