GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your mk7 today?

TheMechanicDude

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 GTI Sport
Wheel design and sizing really swallowed up the big calipers and rotors more than I
I love this car. Have you sourced out the updated LED headlights? THose brakes are the tits man. Sharing with my buddy who stays away from here to avoid the mod bug he had with his Forester XT.

theblackgt

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW MK7 GTI / BMW F07
Got my winter setup –– Blizzaks with some Roti TUF-Rs. So at least she'll look good in the snow too :)

Attachments

• IMG_4908.jpg
    IMG_4908.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 84

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Wheel design and sizing really swallowed up the big calipers and rotors more than I expected…

You're right. You should go with something a little smaller so they stand out a bit more. 320mm would probably be perfect. You can probably find someone to swap with you...

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
You're right. You should go with something a little smaller so they stand out a bit more. 320mm would probably be perfect. You can probably find someone to swap with you...
I was actually going to offer you the setup I removed from Tiguan they are the same as your current brakes in size but silver so will look bigger since we all know black is slimming. Plus you can still use your current BBK rotors

dtfd

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 GTI
Wheel design and sizing really swallowed up the big calipers and rotors more than I expected…
View attachment 270499View attachment 270500View attachment 270504View attachment 270502

Going to do the 356mm rear rotors next weekend cause now they really look small in comparison.
View attachment 270501

*mk7 content with the wide fit peaking out
View attachment 270503
The Tiguan has the same brake master cylinder as....well the rest of the MQB's.

Have you noticed any spongyness from the brake since swapping the BBK?

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I was actually going to offer you the setup I removed from Tiguan they are the same as your current brakes in size but silver so will look bigger since we all know black is slimming. Plus you can still use your current BBK rotors

I just need to paint some horizontal stripes on my current ones to make them look bigger. Or is it vertical stripes?

Ah, fuck it. I'm just get those stick on caliper covers 😂

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
Replaced the battery... finally died, was on the car from FEB 2018 (OCT 2017 build date), I think it did well, 5 years almost exactly, I have never had one last this long... and most of the time it actually spent in the northeast, so it didn't get the Florida mild climate until mid 2020.

I have always bought the Autozone/AdvanceAuto ones made by Johnson Controls, and they never lasted more than 2-3 years, most of the time they died before the warranty was up...The OEM battery I got 000915105DE made by Enertec in Mexico was $30 cheaper and has a 3 year warranty.... So yeah, got another one of those at the dealer, has a NOV 2022 build date.

Wasn't looking to safe weight or "upgrade" either... and from what I understand, AGMs don't like heat so down here is probably best I stick to a regular battery (I don't think it even is EFB)

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
The Tiguan has the same brake master cylinder as....well the rest of the MQB's.

Have you noticed any spongyness from the brake since swapping the BBK?
On the GTI with the ttrs setup, honesty I feel zero or negligible difference in the pedal feel and braking performance from the sliding PPs.

With these st60s though… The braking feel and pedal Is night and day just with basic street driving . It’s so much firmer (in a solid way not a tough way) and the pedal movement feels so much more linear in regards to the range of movement in your foot directly translates to the way the car is slowing or stopping, I remember @GTI Jake saying in a video how going from a good bbk set in his GTI to his pops wrx made the regular brakes feel real lacking, and I can say I didn’t notice that with the ttrs set up on the GTI but these st60s I can agree with that remark fully.

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
I love this car. Have you sourced out the updated LED headlights? THose brakes are the tits man. Sharing with my buddy who stays away from here to avoid the mod bug he had with his Forester XT.
Leave it to VW guys to rope people back into modding

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI

j255c

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R Manual
I’m really enjoying the EQT is38+ with their OTS 93 tune. She pulls hard compared to when I was EQT stage 1 93. Looking forward to a dyno run.
Shouldn’t this be the same? Turbo wheels are identical just a stronger bearing.