GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Anyone heard updates from Cobb on "Flex Fuel" capability?

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
2019 : Cobb - right around the corner
2020: Cobb - some set backs, but we are in the final phase to release it, sit tight
2021 spring : Cobb - keep sitting tight it’s a month away
2021 fall : Cobb - did you ask about flex mqb? Let not talk about that but guess what? We pulled out all the stops and have now enabled mpi for all the 2019 cars that were purchased in the winter of 2018.
2022 : Cobb - Flex for mqb? Never heard of it, but check this out! I know the mk8 is out now but guess what if you have a 2021 we have unlocked the DSG tunes now.

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
2 weeks.jpg

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Seems like it's been in the works for quite some time. I just want to use the good juice bros 😰

Don't wait on Cobb as AJ pointed out......pay for the tune. Cheaper than UM or IE

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Look at the DIY tuning thread here. Flex-fuel is freely available and plenty of guys can help get you started. No proprietary software is required either, so you can take it to any competent simos18 tuner and have it polished to your liking.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
Last I heard was 2 weeks as well. I got tired of waiting and moved on doing it myself

Tom Brohanks

Go Kart Champion
Look at the DIY tuning thread here. Flex-fuel is freely available and plenty of guys can help get you started. No proprietary software is required either, so you can take it to any competent simos18 tuner and have it polished to your liking.

I did my own calibrating and did other people's vehicles as well for years. I'm much too lazy for that now and would rather pay someone to do the work for me.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
2019 : Cobb - right around the corner
2020: Cobb - some set backs, but we are in the final phase to release it, sit tight
2021 spring : Cobb - keep sitting tight it’s a month away
2021 fall : Cobb - did you ask about flex mqb? Let not talk about that but guess what? We pulled out all the stops and have now enabled mpi for all the 2019 cars that were purchased in the winter of 2018.
2022 : Cobb - Flex for mqb? Never heard of it, but check this out! I know the mk8 is out now but guess what if you have a 2021 we have unlocked the DSG tunes now.
You forgot the $1000+ carbon fiber air intakes

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Yes

scrllock

Autocross Champion
so still coming or non existent?
it's doable with ecutek but the dealers that'll actually tune cars on it won't advertise it. you can wire up an ECA over can and scale whatever you want with a custom input. because cobb still hasn't released it.

there's openly available patches for flex-fuel now, cobb is super behind the curve now.