GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why the hell is my car so slow

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
And wait, what were you doing with the traction control button?
Oh I pressed and held it til it dinged, no issue there.

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
No you can’t, but like really, you can’t. Stage 2 IS38 FBO golf R’s get walked from a 50MPH roll, and by a large margin. Have you gone for a ride in a hybrid car?
Bigger turbo pumpgas car will have to go a lot faster to beat an is20 on E85 in a roll race, even if both react at the same time the is20 car will move out quicker probably putting 2 cars on the other before being reeled in.

Say that to actually call the bigger turbo car the winner it has to atleast go 120 past the is20 that is going 110, or to put it in Dragy terms a mid 9s 60-130 vs 11s.

Last edited:

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
Late to the party! - yeah man while yes you’re not on a hybrid you’re still on a turbo that should be shining above 6k, my car keeps pulling harder till 7100 when I shift (when hooning). Also when I’m roll racing or pulling I rarely brake boost… I just make sure my rpms are over 4k so all I’m waiting on is the true spool up when I hit the gas Vs waiting to get it to the right powerband, I don’t mind having to shift quicky into the pull cause MY SHIFTS QUICK SON😂 I don’t really looks much acceleration through them.

Funny enough the past 3 months I’ve been running 225 fronts instead of the 265s still same sticky tires, and at least with summer pavement, straight line wise is not a huge difference in traction. Which means - 2nd gear spins to 6k 😂😂

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Bigger turbo pumpgas car will have to go a lot faster to beat an is20 on E85 in a roll race, even if both react at the same time the is20 car will move out quicker probably putting 2 cars on the other before being reeled in.

Say that to actually call the bigger turbo car the winner it has to atleast go 120 past the is20 that is going 110, or to put it in Dragy terms a mid 9s 60-130 vs 11s.
Righjt, but that’s not what we’re talking about. Pump vs pump.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
No way assumed is20 was on E otherwise he should have won easily lol
Yea bro it comes down to my trash driving. Idk why I baby the car anymore.