GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why the hell is my car so slow

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
If you look closely at the dash the "redline" that starts at 6k is really just half a line, the real redline starts a bit after 7k. With an is20 I shift after 5k, with your turbo I'd shift closer to 7k

What mph did you guys start the 3rd gear race? I could see how he might get the advantage in 2nd but you should've walked him in 3rd - sounds like you started around 3k
Man I think I did everything wrong. I started at around 3k in both races, shifting super early, and no brake boosting.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
No you can’t, but like really, you can’t. Stage 2 IS38 FBO golf R’s get walked from a 50MPH roll, and by a large margin. Have you gone for a ride in a hybrid car?
If we're talking fbo is20 gti vs hybrid gti the is20 will be able to keep up through 2nd gear, possibly even pull away ahead a tiny bit. But as soon as 3rd comes the hybrid car is taking tf off. This is from personal experience lol

Of course if you take @El_bigote_AJ 's rabbit with sticky 265s in the front we're all getting the smoke

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Man I think I did everything wrong. I started at around 3k in both races, shifting super early, and no brake boosting.
Just need to work on driver mod. Don't be too afraid to have fun in your car, these cars are pretty durable as long as you don't do anything too stupid (eg beating on it before oil is up to temp)

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Don’t money shift.
Crazy to say it, but I did go from fifth to second once instead of 4th. I caught it before it reached redline tho. First pair of brown boxers I own now, even though they used to be white.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Crazy to say it, but I did go from fifth to second once instead of 4th. I caught it before it reached redline tho. First pair of brown boxers I own now, even though they used to be white.
To shift into 1st and 2nd gear grab the shifter with your palm facing towards you, for 3-6 grab the shifter with your palm facing towards the passenger side. That should help prevent money shifting

the

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI
I did have a passenger who weighs 200 pounds so I’m not sure if that makes a world of a difference
I just heard something "a professional runner who is 1 kilo (2.2lbs) overweight will lose 2 seconds to someone who is not." This is extremely important. You are running the same engine but you added 200 pounds to your weight.

Think about it, then go spray all the water out of your windshield wipers, and never fill your tank past half ever again.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
I just heard something "a professional runner who is 1 kilo (2.2lbs) overweight will lose 2 seconds to someone who is not." This is extremely important. You are running the same engine but you added 200 pounds to your weight.

Think about it, then go spray all the water out of your windshield wipers, and never fill your tank past half ever again.
Interesting.

EQT says keep the tank full so thats what I'll do. Time for me to do a full interior delete so no one comes with me anymore.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
If we're talking fbo is20 gti vs hybrid gti the is20 will be able to keep up through 2nd gear, possibly even pull away ahead a tiny bit. But as soon as 3rd comes the hybrid car is taking tf off. This is from personal experience lol

Of course if you take @El_bigote_AJ 's rabbit with sticky 265s in the front we're all getting the smoke
Yup. Completely agree. Second is short, and like you said, if the hybrid has decent tires, forget about it. A local guy has a unitronic stage 2 r, manual. And from an 80 kmph roll he jumps a bit for a second or so, but once I grip it's game over, especially with the long gti third.