GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why the hell is my car so slow

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
This is the answer.

I'm stage 2 on an is20 and I could hang up to 100mph. Its after that point where the stock turbo struggles to keep pulling and where the big turbo shines.
No you can’t, but like really, you can’t. Stage 2 IS38 FBO golf R’s get walked from a 50MPH roll, and by a large margin. Have you gone for a ride in a hybrid car?

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
2nd gear in a upgraded turbo gti?

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
It also could come down to what fuel you both were running. If he’s on E and you’re on 91 that could also make a big difference
We were both on 93 unfortunately.

This is the answer.

I'm stage 2 on an is20 and I could hang up to 100mph. Its after that point where the stock turbo struggles to keep pulling and where the big turbo shines.
I cannot accept this lol

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
No you can’t, but like really, you can’t. Stage 2 IS38 FBO golf R’s get walked from a 50MPH roll, and by a large margin. Have you gone for a ride in a hybrid car?
Again my car isn't really a big turbo, but I was thinking I would at least be faster than an R on e85, let alone a stage 2 a3.
I feel like the only way to settle is for both of us to borrow @Acadia18 draggy.....or you come down here and we do hood rat shit.
Im close to MA maybe we can do something one day lol

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
Why would you do that?
I got scared of the red line. Not going to lie, I don't really race at all, this was probably my first real race in 2 years. Other than the family friendly stuff. What should I be shifting at?

Or are you talking about me disrespecting my transmission?

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Again my car isn't really a big turbo, but I was thinking I would at least be faster than an R on e85, let alone a stage 2 a3.

Im close to MA maybe we can do something one day lol
And you are. Sounds like you didn't drive it like it should have been driven. I shift at 7k. And I don't have a huge turbo either.

nomunic

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7
You didn’t even get into the powerband.
I-
And you are. Sounds like you didn't drive it like it should have been driven. I shift at 7k. And I don't have a huge turbo either.
I had no idea these cars revved to 7k, would it be optimal to shift at that point or a bit under?

This is all new to me, thanks for the advice guys!

also @Daks you were the inspiration for me to replace my injectors, thanks for that, I noticed two of the valves in the same cylinder were gunned up even after a recent walnut blasting, so I am assuming the injectors had something to do with it.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
I-

I had no idea these cars revved to 7k, would it be optimal to shift at that point or a bit under?

also @Daks you were the inspiration for me to replace my injectors, thanks for that, I noticed two of the valves in the same cylinder were gunned up even after a recent walnut blasting, so I am assuming the injectors had something to do with it.
I redline at 7200, but I always shift around 7 cause I don't want to bounce off the limiter.

Glad about the injectors, but dude, I shouldn't be an inspiration to anyone for anything.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
I-

If you look closely at the dash the "redline" that starts at 6k is really just half a line, the real redline starts a bit after 7k. With an is20 I shift after 5k, with your turbo I'd shift closer to 7k

What mph did you guys start the 3rd gear race? I could see how he might get the advantage in 2nd but you should've walked him in 3rd - sounds like you started around 3k