GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR DTR6054 Direct Turbocharger Replacement System

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
You know that I may actually be slower right? I'm just typing shit on the internet. But one thing I do know is that my torque curve is leaps and bounds better.

Timmy Turbo sent me back my Dragy, should be here this week. I want to get some before-IC numbers, then some post-IC numbers. Then I can send it up to the great white north and find out if you are or are not faster...

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Yeah but how much of that is gear/mode dependent?

I found that in D mode on my stage 1 R I feel the same way crossing traffic. I've learned the car scoots way faster from a stand still in S mode. I toggle regularly from D to S depending on anticipated acceleration.
i am always in S mode. Also have vagcommed the throttle sensitivity (which anyone should be urged to do).

Truth be told I kind of like the lag; feels like more of a true turbo experience. If i'm already in the mid range RPMs before I go to the floor (as you should be) then there really isn't much lag. Its just when crawling in 1st or 2nd gear

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Timmy Turbo sent me back my Dragy, should be here this week. I want to get some before-IC numbers, then some post-IC numbers. Then I can send it up to the great white north and find out if you are or are not faster...
I'm down, baby.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI

tigeo

Autocross Champion
Karstakastahn in action!

tigeo

Autocross Champion
100% jealous of everybody that has a local Karstakastahn air strip.
This one is pure gold, been using it for years. Beside my old office/now client's office.