GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI TCR hatch spoiler lip

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Is there a clone of this spoiler?
As much as I would love the VW part it is way too expensive for what it is.

I am looking for a more reputable source to purchase from rather than AliExpress. Hoping for something like the OEM in that it is ready to install, no paint needed.

Screenshot_2022-07-09-10-35-05-93_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg

Dervdave

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf MK7 GTD
I think you'd be ok with 1 from AliExpress, some even have correct vw part number

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
You can check out Premium Deutsch Carbon as they have a couple of versions.

https://premiumdeutschcarbon.com/pr...lf-mk7-mk7-5/exterior-styling/?product-page=1
Damn a carbon fiber version!
https://premiumdeutschcarbon.com/product/mk7-7-5-gti-tcr-carbon-roof-lid-spoiler/

Thanks for the link but their option is more expensive than the OEM part. For something so simple I'm thinking there must a be a cost effective version.

No one told these guys that rear wipers must die: https://premiumdeutschcarbon.com/product/mk7-7-5-rear-wiper-kit/

mk6'12gti

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Gti

Salami

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5R
Plenty of copies in Aliexpress, most of them around 100-120 with shipping.
Yes, but are any of them any good?

My gut is telling me fitment and finish may not be so good. I was hoping there might be Maxton type company that makes a copy or similar style lip with build quality not too far from the OEM part.

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI

My gut is telling me fitment and finish may not be so good. I was hoping there might be Maxton type company that makes a copy or similar style lip with build quality not too far from the OEM part.
Just look at the reviews, there are a lot of new ones out now. They were priced almost as expensive as the OEM when they first started selling them, now that there are most sellers carrying them the price dropped to 1/2 the price.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
Bought mine off of E-ACCA. I couldn't find a really good replica besides PDC. Most of them are clones of the PP/Rabbit spoiler, not the TCR one you're looking for, which is slightly more aggressive.

FWIW:
TCR: 5G6827940A 041
PP/Rabbit: 5G6827940041

Razgriz337

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7R

FWIW I got one of the Aliexpress clones. Think it was around $65. No issues, I'd do it again.

I'll gab some close up shots this evening for you.

ZimmLR

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'll have an OEM take off for sale shortly (purchased through e-acca) if you're interested in a used piece.

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI
I got lucky and picked up an OEM TCR spoiler for a good price. I knew I wanted it when I first saw it and it’s the perfect addition imo. The piano black pieces on the hatch are so close to the spoiler that a lip with a different finish would stand out too much for me. I’m quite picky so take it for what it is.

5EBE1835-471D-42F7-A51C-6C8554045EAD.jpeg

Razgriz337

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
MK7R
Please excuse my dirty car that lives under a tree.

Is it OEM+ perfect? Probably not.
Did I install it in a rush in fading light? Maybe. (Very slight gap in picture 2 and three off to the right. I think these are more from me running out of light than the lip)
Total was $140 shipped, I'd probably do it again. Ali seller is "Car modification go Store"

PXL_20220726_000523084.jpg
PXL_20220726_000600793.jpg
PXL_20220726_000634193.jpg

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
How funny, my buddy ordered two (1 for me) from AliEx and it was delivered to another state. Someone in Tucson got a box with two pieces of plastic on Saturday.