GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MAP sensor upgrade

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
I'm in a similar boat. I have a DBV2 V1 ready to go on the car and up to UM for a custom 93 tune, but spoke to them today and they said MPI makes sense before I do so.

I want to stay conservative with the tune, 29-30psi seems fine. Besides complete euro manifold, PR harness, and bits to connect the MPI rail to the HPFP do I need any of the above sensors or upgraded LPFP/HPFP? Bigger injectors? I prefer fewer aftermarket parts but don't want to sacrifice smoothness and reliability.

If I've got some occasional hesitation on startup (first ~10 seconds) will replacing the LPFP with a fresh OEM unit help possibly?

Thanks

FWIW I went PagParts just 2 months ago and it’s considered superior to PP or CTS’s approach to upgrading the LPFP. Zero chance I’d do that again though. Skip over all that nonsense and get an actual drop-in brushless unit.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
I've got some occasional hesitation on startup (first ~10 seconds) will replacing the LPFP with a fresh OEM unit help possibly?

Don’t go into this phase with any mechanical irregularities. None at all.

staying_tuned

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2016 Mark 7 Golf R
Thanks. Will do some VCDS logging to see if anything jumps out to get to the bottom of it.

This looks to be the right option for my needs - https://www.a2bmotorsport.net/a2brs...ort-rs3-brushless-fuel-pump-retrofit-kit.html

https://www.golfmk7.com/forums/inde...-upgrades-this-is-gonna-be-a-long-one.374045/

Cool. I’ve heard rumors of another player about to release a very cost effective brushless drop in solution but unclear on ETA, heck they may have already. @Diggs24 have you heard anything about that?

MSH

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'20 M2 Competition
Cool. I’ve heard rumors of another player about to release a very cost effective brushless drop in solution but unclear on ETA, heck they may have already. @Diggs24 have you heard anything about that?

you are probably referring to Innovative
https://www.imsperformance.com/products
working tightly with UM. They are both based in Milford, CT
“We have worked closely with United Motorsports and they have all the tuning to support this product. “

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
Looks like they're equivalent setups - briefly mentioned in the thread I linked above. Controllers look identical physically...

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
I was planning on doing this PUT upgrade but Ed says I’m already out of fuel with my measly IHX475 on 94. Already have the Autotech HPFP but would need a LPFP as well. Good thing there’s some decent drop in solutions now if I want to go through with it.

yakev724

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 S3
For anyone going this route, the PR boost tap comes with a 1/8 NPT fitting at the end, leaving about 3/4" clearance to the airbox with the sensor connector attached. Not sure if there are others which allow the sensor to bolt right up.

IMG_0681.jpg

MQBS3

Car(s)
Audi S3
I would go with Bosch 4 bar/AEM 5 bar when you get the vortex especially if only running 93 pump.
I’m running a Vortex XL with both sensors. 92 octane fuel and HPFP. I’m holding 33psi to 7300rpm. Well worth it especially in my conditions.
That’s awesome. So no MPI? Only lpfp/hpfp? How much power are/were you putting down at 33psi on pump gas? Curious, because I’m about to go vortex and trying to figure out my fuelling options. Haven’t gotten definitive answer yet if I can run just lpfp/hpfp, or if I need to go lpfp/mpi. Can’t get ethanol anywhere where I am, will have EQT custom tune for Canadian 94. Tyia!

MQBS3

Car(s)
Audi S3
That’s awesome. So no MPI? Only lpfp/hpfp? How much power are/were you putting down at 33psi on pump gas? Curious, because I’m about to go vortex and trying to figure out my fuelling options. Haven’t gotten definitive answer yet if I can run just lpfp/hpfp, or if I need to go lpfp/mpi. Can’t get ethanol anywhere where I am, will have EQT custom tune for Canadian 94. Tyia!
For reference, I’m at sea level.

Escape Hatch

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
If I recall correctly people are pushing close to 500 at the wheels with that set up. I have considered adding the LPFP and PUT but 450whp is plenty fun.

przemek4net

For anyone going this route, the PR boost tap comes with a 1/8 NPT fitting at the end, leaving about 3/4" clearance to the airbox with the sensor connector attached. Not sure if there are others which allow the sensor to bolt right up.

View attachment 189619
Hi, original map sensor is working from 0.1 (-0.9) - 2b (3b) - could u pls write range of this map sensor (no problems on idle with subpressure? br Przemek