Car(s)
2020 VW GTI S
Oil change and spark plugs

PXL_20220709_151633465.jpg

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
constantly fighting the internal battle of "treat this like a special car you will have a long time / treat this like a disposable device because thats what it is"

1 year into ownership, finally getting it where I want. I want to love my car, but as much as I do to it and as close as I am getting it to where I think it would be perfect, it still just feels like a toy to me I'm gonna throw away when it makes me mad

bobloblawGTI

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
19 GTI SE 6MT
constantly fighting the internal battle of "treat this like a special car you will have a long time / treat this like a disposable device because thats what it is"

1 year into ownership, finally getting it where I want. I want to love my car, but as much as I do to it and as close as I am getting it to where I think it would be perfect, it still just feels like a toy to me I'm gonna throw away when it makes me mad
Man do I feel this. Yesterday I found someone had backed into me while parked and cracked the front lip and grill, my first thought was (and is almost always) "well to hell with this entire thing." Rinse and repeat today when I noticed my rear bumper was obviously replaced and poorly repainted... over 1.5 years into owning it. Then I remember they're bumpers and replaceable and who cares it's fun.

IMG_3033.jpeg

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
Man do I feel this. Yesterday I found someone had backed into me while parked and cracked the front lip and grill, my first thought was (and is almost always) "well to hell with this entire thing." Rinse and repeat today when I noticed my rear bumper was obviously replaced and poorly repainted... over 1.5 years into owning it. Then I remember they're bumpers and replaceable and who cares it's fun.

View attachment 255084
this is the right mindset to have, I won't even debate it. I guess it's so hard some times because when it means something to you because it's 'your car,' then everyone else car on the road is just another one. sometimes as much love and care as you give something, it's unavoidable some asshole will not care like you do.

pet peeve-- no matter how far I park away from people when I go into a store or something, I always come out to someone not only parked right next to me, but way too close. now I get super angry like they're doing it on purpose (which they are, subconsciously or not). it is seriously without fail every time. and it's always some piece of shit car too that looks like someone had to climb out of the roof like ace Ventura just to get out. I cant even imagine how bad the attention would have been if I got the cornflower blue gti, but I got a black one.

Last edited:

Treadup

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 6MT GTI

View attachment 255084
What color, DIB?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
This is why I take my car to a touch-full car wash once a week... keep it clean, also don't worry about it :ROFLMAO:.

NoGodGetOverIt

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE/DSG
this is the right mindset to have, I won't even debate it. I guess it's so hard some times because when it means something to you because it's 'your car,' then everyone else car on the road is just another one. sometimes as much love and care as you give something, it's unavoidable some asshole will not care like you do.

pet peeve-- no matter how far I park away from people when I go into a store or something, I always come out to someone not only parked right next to me, but way too close. now I get super angry like they're doing it on purpose (which they are, subconsciously or not). it is seriously without fail every time. and it's always some piece of shit car too that looks like someone had to climb out of the roof like ace Ventura just to get out. I cant even imagine how bad the attention would have been if I got the cornflower blue gti, but I got a black one.
I totally get that peeve. One time, I went early to Target to get medication. The lot was almost empty, and I parked roughly mid-lot adjacent to a cart corral. When I came out, there was an SUV parked next to my car, so close that he was over the line into my spot, and I wouldn't have been able to open the passenger side door if I needed to. There were maybe three other cars in the entire lot. I can't tell you how tempted I was to give his tires a kiss with my Gerber...

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
EC6FBA41-7E4A-4704-9858-6646BF13487C.jpeg

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
Rinse and repeat today when I noticed my rear bumper was obviously replaced and poorly repainted... over 1.5 years into owning it. Then I remember they're bumpers and replaceable and who cares it's fun.

I guess it all depends on the individual. My father was in the same mindset you have, he would take the check for whatever the insurance quoted, and take it to the cheapest place possible. Paint was always mismatched. Me on the other hand, grew up with a group of guys that went to car shows, had body shops. or just were great enthusiasts, I would never take a car from a body shop with mismatched paint. Especially if it is a car that I bought new, or a car that I loved. Here in San Antonio I had 3 bad experiences, 2 with Caliber Collision, and one with an independent shop. Both were well recommended... both missed the mark. Caliber repainted my Nissan Sentra 2 times, the first time they didn't even used the correct paint code... I guess they are used to people that don't check or don't care. A different caliber did my wife's Subaru Forester XT in their white pearl. I even talked to the manager before dropping the car about my bad experience with the other shop, and told him I was anal about the paint. They repainted the car 3 times... I mean, I know it is not easy to match pearls... but damn.

There was an awesome place close to San Antonio in Converse, Jacks Paint Place, they installed and painted a new front bumper on my 2004 Impulse Blue GTO that came perfect! But they closed shop around 2015... sucks.