GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK7 Confessions

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I hit more cones last weekend than I have in the last season. Sad face.
I hardly hit cones, but i take that to mean I'm not trying hard enough

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Intercooler log entry day 93. Intercooler still hasn't moved. More assorted car parts have been piled into the box. For the time being, it has not become self aware.
With summer in full swing, you can't move it now. Your office would get too hot.

Subliminal

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Slow FWD VW Hatch
Hit the drive-thru earlier and accidently bumped the wiper column with my hand, activating the rear wiper.... hadn't used it in a while so both the front and rear wipers were dancing like crazy while my dumbass was trying to remember how to turn it off. Everyone around thought I looked super cool :cool:

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
Hit the drive-thru earlier and accidently bumped the wiper column with my hand, activating the rear wiper.... hadn't used it in a while so both the front and rear wipers were dancing like crazy while my dumbass was trying to remember how to turn it off. Everyone around thought I looked super cool :cool:

I did that in the suburban today, luckily in BFE so no witnesses lol

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
That's why we should all delete the rear wiper.

I've had them both going mid autocross run.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

Can't accidentally turn on a rear wiper and look like a fool if you don't have a rear wiper

b9372e9fcc68b9d6f1906da3fa1a4b27.jpeg

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Right now is the longest I've gone without washing my GTI. I rarely go more than a week or two. But it's just too damn hot. I need to get out and at least clean brake dust off the wheels and tires this evening.

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
Right now is the longest I've gone without washing my GTI. I rarely go more than a week or two. But it's just too damn hot. I need to get out and at least clean brake dust off the wheels and tires this evening.
Just like...wash the car how TV shows hot girls doing it.

Pretty sure you only need a white T and cut off shorts and you should be golden.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I just drop the stock heat range plugs (Ruths) in at the gap they come out of the box with (I do check it - I've had them be 0.028-0.032") and send it. Zero ignition-related issues in 80K that way with most of that tuned/larger than stock turbos.

odessa.filez

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
Actual confessiion - tried installing an is20 on my GSW but couldn't get the coolant and oil lines off the is12. Gave up.

Old age, broken wrist a year and a half ago.