GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Hoon solved the 2022 fuel crisis.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Received a new file from sneeky last night. No words, just an attachment. I have no plans to flash it but after some thinking I’m now curious about blending instead of replacing my fuel pump. My ethanol content is pretty static at e75-77. What percentage would I need to come down to so that my current fuel setup would be adequate or should I just bite the bullet and go brushless?

EDIT: just so I have all the info how involved is swapping the 450 for a 535? Would the basket need additional modifications or is it just a straight swap? I did not do the initial install, the pump came already assembled.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
No thoughts on my fueling options? For 120 bucks I may take the chance on a fresh 535 solving my problems. If it doesn’t work out I’m in exactly the same spot as now minus 120.

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’m not sure exactly how PR does the box mods in house but if it’s the same components as they sell for kits that the end user installs, yeah you won’t need to change the mods on the bin other than wiring it will be a swap for swap, with all the same components - except you should get a new filter sock and oring at the top.

I picked up a PM4 in lieu of a new brushless and coordinating controller for the same fact that, since I already modded my basket for the 305 pump I can cheaply just swap to the 535, and with the pm4 being used I’ll only be into my low side fuel $545… including the cost I paid for my 305pump and kit! +pm4+535 pump

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I’m not sure exactly how PR does the box mods in house but if it’s the same components as they sell for kits that the end user installs, yeah you won’t need to change the mods on the bin other than wiring it will be a swap for swap, with all the same components - except you should get a new filter sock and oring at the top.

I picked up a PM4 in lieu of a new brushless and coordinating controller for the same fact that, since I already modded my basket for the 305 pump I can cheaply just swap to the 535, and with the pm4 being used I’ll only be into my low side fuel $545… including the cost I paid for my 305pump and kit! +pm4+535 pump
I’m also considering the fact that I already have a pm4 wired and installed

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
I’m also considering the fact that I already have a pm4 wired and installed
Yeah, my opinion - no brainer to just go 535 pump. And if you end up capping that pump to the limit, it’s prob the silver lining and you’re motors still a stock bottom end buildwise.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
First pull on the 93 tune. Looks like the lpfp isn't keeping up with requested here either. Think swapping a 535 is worth the trouble or should I just get the EQT brushless?

https://datazap.me/u/wastegate13/log-1652384136?log=0&data=8-15

How are you measuring lpfp pressure? I mean, I see it in your logs, but I was under the impression there cars didn't actually have a sensor to measure lpfp pressure, unless you installed one?

From there, for my own learning purposes, what makes you think there's an issue with fuel delivery? I get that the lpfp actual psi drops from the requested psi, but (to me at least, could be wrong), your hpfp rail pressure is fine which looks like it's getting enough fuel fed from the lpfp, afrs are in line, and stft is in line.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Mpi rail has a low pressure sensor.

Ah fuck for some reason I thought @Wastegate13 was a common peasant without MPI. I even said "I thought that was one of the benefits of people going MPI" :ROFLMAO:

Second part of the question still stands.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
If you have a PM4 already I'd just get a 525 and call it a day.

If not, build your own RS3 kit and save about $400 over the EQT kit
My worry is that it still won’t be enough and there’s time wasted. On the other hand it’s also 120 bucks from summit and I smell like gas for a few days.
Ah fuck for some reason I thought @Wastegate13 was a common peasant without MPI. I even said "I thought that was one of the benefits of people going MPI" :ROFLMAO:

Second part of the question still stands.
I pieced together all this stuff to be as future proof as possible and I didn’t want to blend. Apparently I didn’t go big enough. My first log on e85 Matt said my fuel pressure was dangerously low and advised not to go wot above 5k. I leave for Georgia on Monday so this 93 tune was supposed to hold me over until after.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
My worry is that it still won’t be enough and there’s time wasted. On the other hand it’s also 120 bucks from summit and I smell like gas for a few days.

I pieced together all this stuff to be as future proof as possible and I didn’t want to blend. Apparently I didn’t go big enough. My first log on e85 Matt said my fuel pressure was dangerously low and advised not to go wot above 5k. I leave for Georgia on Monday so this 93 tune was supposed to hold me over until after.
check with your tuner but the 525 is nice for the check-valve, the extra amperage draw isn't a concern with a PM4. I doubt a standard vortex would be a problem for it.

Mk7Matt

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I'm running a 525 and PM4 on e61 with my TPC25 @34 psi and I haven't had any issues.