GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How Hoon solved the 2022 fuel crisis.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
Well bad news. Matt says my fuel pressure is dangerously low. Perhaps that was the source of my issues on the other tune. My issue now is time. I’m supposed to be taking a road trip on the 16th.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
PM4 and 535 should be able to hold it. Pretty easy upgrade at least. Bought mine from Summit.
He’s suggesting rs3 brushless setup. In the meantime he’s gonna send me a 93 base file to get me through my trip and once I’m back home we can figure out which direction to go. So far the communication has been amazing compared to the other tuner where most questions were met with a single line response.

spiker369

on air, don't care
Well bad news. Matt says my fuel pressure is dangerously low. Perhaps that was the source of my issues on the other tune. My issue now is time. I’m supposed to be taking a road trip on the 16th.
Fingers crossed this year is better than last. 😪 also, fwiw I had to replace my LPFP recently, I was getting such low fuel pressure the car was hesitating to start as if the battery was bad. But of course I had replaced a bunch of other stuff trying to chance the issue. 😅

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
And I just received my 93 base file. E85 is off the table until I upgrade my pump but he said as long as fuel pressure looks good we can start the 93 tune. Super impressed with the communication so far. I’ve gotten 5 emails in 2 days and all of it has been useful information in plain language. If you’re a technical nerd who does all your own work then you’re probably self tuning like diggs. However if you’re an enthusiast who doesn’t mind small work but leaves the heavy lifting to the pros then do yourself a favor and contact Matt at EQT. Thank me later.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Turbo. Blue.
Good to see you're getting it straightened out. You've had me nervous for you, with what happened to your previous motor and then getting right into tuning again. Didn't want to see that happen to you a 2nd time.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
And I just received my 93 base file. E85 is off the table until I upgrade my pump but he said as long as fuel pressure looks good we can start the 93 tune. Super impressed with the communication so far. I’ve gotten 5 emails in 2 days and all of it has been useful information in plain language. If you’re a technical nerd who does all your own work then you’re probably self tuning like diggs. However if you’re an enthusiast who doesn’t mind small work but leaves the heavy lifting to the pros then do yourself a favor and contact Matt at EQT. Thank me later.
Same experience here.

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
Heh. He called Diggs a nerd.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
He’s suggesting rs3 brushless setup. In the meantime he’s gonna send me a 93 base file to get me through my trip and once I’m back home we can figure out which direction to go. So far the communication has been amazing compared to the other tuner where most questions were met with a single line response.
I mean if you're going to go the brushless route, then I would get the brushless pump from PagParts. Definitely a better quality pump than the RS3 setup.

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
If you already have a PM4 and want excessive head room would the dual walbro still be less $$$ than rs3 with controller? And def, have more headroom
The dual pump from PR will run you a total price of $1420.69, which is more, but not that much more, than the brushless from EQT but the dual pump will definitely have more headroom and be good for way more power than EQT's pump.

Wastegate13

Autocross Champion
I don’t think I need that much headroom. Selling my current setup also recoups some of the cost of the brushless setup.