Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Sure hope so lmao. Lets say yes.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
Funny i almost raced a zl1 when out taking that 'log' lol.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
I don’t know what to say…. Maybe it was a V8?
1651710559000.gif

wascally wabbitt

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S
I hope so, a stage 1 GTI can hang with a V6 Camaro.
Idk guys, muffler delete is like what, +75 hp for NA cars? Basically a free V8 upgrade

(/s)

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
even worse, i've been starting to see some of those turbo 4-cyl mustangs bombing around. IDK if it has the same motor as the ST, Focus RS or what, and i don't care if they are super capable, sound great or any of that. its a mustang and a 4 cylinder is shameful in a mustang, and i would laugh at one even if it beat me

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
even worse, i've been starting to see some of those turbo 4-cyl mustangs bombing around. IDK if it has the same motor as the ST, Focus RS or what, and i don't care if they are super capable, sound great or any of that. its a mustang and a 4 cylinder is shameful in a mustang, and i would laugh at one even if it beat me
Yup, I've had this argument with someone that thought their 4 cylinder Mustang with an IC was the best car ever. The reply was that my car was a 4 cylinder as well. The difference is my car has been a 4 cylinder since 1976 (or whatever the exact year is haha).

Patrykd07

Autocross Champion
When I worked at pepboys like 10 years ago, had a kid come in and swear to me that his muffler delete for his Cobalt LS helped him gain 60whp. He told me how much smoother the car ran and his MPG was through the roof. He was ever since dubbed at the store "Cobalt kid"

Fast forward 6 years when we were desperate for people, we hired him. Second day on the job he got caught stealing emission inspection stickers and left the store in handcuffs.

Moral of the story, never trust anyone with muffler deletes on sh*tty cars.

avenali312

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
When I worked at pepboys like 10 years ago, had a kid come in and swear to me that his muffler delete for his Cobalt LS helped him gain 60whp. He told me how much smoother the car ran and his MPG was through the roof. He was ever since dubbed at the store "Cobalt kid"

Fast forward 6 years when we were desperate for people, we hired him. Second day on the job he got caught stealing emission inspection stickers and left the store in handcuffs.

Moral of the story, never trust anyone with muffler deletes on sh*tty cars.
After 157 pages, this post wins.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Man, you ought to join us out here in the 21st century. The Ecoboost stangs are pretty quick and a tune will easily net +100wtq and +75whp. Aaaand they're RWD.